Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just download a chankast emulator and i am having problems with it, can some one give me directions for it. i cant load games, cant configure my controller, and cant find the bio/flash files. its very aggrivating. so i would welcome any help... please?

·
Banned
50 Posts

·
エクレール・ファロン/ライトニング
166 Posts
Both of you are complete idiots. The second guy moreso since the first is .. he's talking about Chankast not nullDC (although nullDC is better and barely anyone still uses chankast).

Killumbus, if you want to play dreamcast games please follow my instructions and if you need any further assistance feel free to PM me:

Download nullDC here: http://nulldc.googlecode.com/files/nullDC_104_r50.

You can extract those files with a program called 7-Zip: Download 7-Zip from SourceForge.net

Since it is illegal to download these files if you do not own the hardware that has them, I cannot link to you the bios and flash files. Search for dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin and within 5 minutes you should be able to find the correct files. Once you have obtained said files, move them to nullDC_104_r50>Data folder

To load games click on File>Normal Boot then select the .cdi/.iso/.bin file of the game you wish to play. If your game is in .nrg format, you'll need to download a program called Daemon Tools lite to "mount" the image in order for you to play it, although this never worked for me so if it's .nrg your pretty much screwed.

Lastly for the controller settings go to Options>Maple>Port A>Config keys for Player 1 and you can configure your controlls there.

If you wish to use a game controller download a program called Xpadder here: http://download.softpedia.com/dl/99...791f/100045445/software/system/Xpadder5-3.zip

And configuring that is pretty straightforward.

I hope this all helped, remember if you have any further questions just ask.

Edit: Oh crap, I didn't realise I bumped a 2 week old thread.. it was on the top of the Chankast list so that just shows how dead the emulator is compared to nullDC. If the original author or anyone else needs help on configuring nullDC, it's here anyway.

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
Both of you are complete idiots. The second guy moreso since the first is .. he's talking about Chankast not nullDC (although nullDC is better and barely anyone still uses chankast).
If Pretender is an idiot for suggesting that the op use NullDC instead of Chankast, doesnt then that mean you sir, by the same logic, are an idiot too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts