Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My game, Final Fantasy X, seems to be working fine at the rate of 60 fps all the way from the "Published by Square Electronic Arts" to the title screen. Then, as soon as I click on New Game, the frame rate suddenly drops to 30 fps...is this a problem with the FMVs in the game or something? It just seemed strange to me that everything worked 100% fine until the game started.

My Computer specs are:

Windows Vista, Service Pack 1
HP Pavilion dv2000
Rating: 3.0
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 1.60 GHZ
Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit

That's about as much as I can glimpse from the System part of my Control Panel...

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Your CPU is too slow compared to what most games need for a consistent full speed.

It slows down there because the FMVs/menus don't take much, but the opening of the game does.

Besides enabling speed hacks, there's not much you can do when the CPU is the bottleneck in PCSX2 besides overclocking (which is out of the question on most OEMS, and I don't think that CPU would overclock far enough to make a big difference anyway).

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
usually laptops that support that turion model, will support an Athlon64 Mobile... but even then they cap out at about 2.3ghz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, someone lent me their computer, here are the specs:

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
AMD Athlon (tm) 64 Processor 3500+
2.19 GHz, 1 GB of RAM

I know this is still a bit slow, but will I get the game to at least 50 fps by overclocking? Will the computer work?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
You basically need a dual core CPU when it comes to PCSX2. Even the slowest dual core CPUs (Pentium D) are most often faster than the best single core CPUs (Athlon 64s) in PCSX2. The PC you were lent will probably be slower.

You're also omitting the GPU information, which, while not as important as the CPU, also matters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.