Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished it and wanted to say a few words :p

I bought this game in january along with battle for middle earth, playing every now and then I finally made to the end and man what a trip it was.

The game is a big explosion of pleasure to the eyes, ears and mind, I can't express how beautiful it is. You travel through 3 ages , reading journals, and burning your brain solving some hard but smart and very rewarding puzzles.

It has some pretty useful and much needed aids, zip mode lets you instantly teleport to another location you already visited in the age ending with some boring backtracking, the camera lets you take shots of everything helping you in collecting the clues needed for the puzzles and the built-in prima guide is there to help in the case you are about to have a stroke about a puzzle ( I personally only used it twice but it's a relief having it there).

I don't want to talk much about the plot or especific puzzles so if you are a VERY patient person, enjoy being VERY challenged, and can spare a few gigs for the 2 dvds installation do yourself a favor and get this piece of art , it must be pretty cheap now and it's well worth the money and time you spend with it.

about battle for middle earth? wasted money ;)

oh I forgot to mention it has dubbing and subtitles in many languages so the language barrier is also solved for a lot more people

See you in Serenia ;)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
you know, i consider myst-games more or less like taking a vacation~
the whole experience has become so polished that it almost feels like youve really been there.
i gotto say though, i wasnt only happy with myst 4, many of the puzzles were kind of dull and some of the nature-enviroments were extremly hard to navigate because of the lack of orientation. and whats worse, i saw the final plottwist coming from miles away, far too obvious if you ask me. other then that i liked it quite a lot, even though i think myst 3 was better.
btw, out of curiosity, have you played uru? i almost missed that myst-game entirly while its probably one of the best! i sooo wish the massive-multiplayer-part would hve worked, but i guess the time wasnt ready back then.
so anyway, in case you didnt know, myst5 will be out this fall, developed by the original team again and they claim its going to be the final one, i sure cant wait.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
about the nature part how would it be if you were thrown in the middle of a forest you didn't know? , after a while roaming around for a while you do know how to walk through it very well (at least I did).

about uru I still didn't play but I got very interested specially because they said it is set many years after myst 4. I'll try to find in some stores here the big box that comes with the first 3 games in the series as this one was my first time playing it, believe it or not :O .

and, uh, what plot twist? If you mean that thing in the end, was that a twist? haha.

and about serenia, no human being should be denied the chance of spending some time there, it's crazy how they did that, specially the trippy part :p

hmm, I was mostly satisfied with the puzzles, with a few exceptions that felt really like cheating (when you have to spot or check something that is pratically impossible for any human being to see )

oh I forgot to ask, what video format they used? until the end of the game I was thinking "how the hell did they made these 360° movies? the elevator trip in tomahna being a notable example

1 - 3 of 3 Posts