Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, on top of my long topic, I have a realy question. In Japanese if you don't know what a certain Kanji character is, how the HELL do you find out. Are tehre Kanji dictionaries? and if so do you just flip through til you see that symbol? Or is it organized in some fashion? And if you have never seen that character before, how do you even know how its pronounced? Just something I have always wondered.

·
playing FGO
10,942 Posts
Afaik, Japanese students carry with them a Kanji dictionary to school, so they can always refer to it when they need to. I believe it is organized by vowel sounds, but I could be wrong on that.

I use a program called JQuick Trans for kanji in Tokimemo. :p

·
I'm in despair!
3,443 Posts
Originally posted by Shiori
Afaik, Japanese students carry with them a Kanji dictionary to school, so they can always refer to it when they need to. I believe it is organized by vowel sounds, but I could be wrong on that.

I use a program called JQuick Trans for kanji in Tokimemo. :p
The one I have (~2000 kanji) has indexes by pronunciation and number of strokes in the character.

[]s Badaro

·
King of the Maggots
4,386 Posts
well..... as a matter of fact, japanese is fairly easy (without the kanjis)...

but many times people write the pronunciation in hiragana in the top of the kanji, so everyone understands it...

but I have been wondering something..... how do you write "kung fu" in the ending of kung isn't a vowel?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.