Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so i have been fooling around with plugins and stuff the last few days. and finally i got a game to run...lol. so heres some scene graphic pics from the intro thingy. The pcsx2 crashed soon after the last pic, before i could get any ingame shots. there were some white blocks that would pop up when any movement of the colors seemed to occur, i dont know what they are cause i'm pretty much a noober :thumb:
I was getting an average of 20 fps, i think 30 would be almost console like

i will definitely experiment with this some more, thanks for the whole team that put this awsome program together

Machine Spec
Intel Pentium 4, 2.4ghz
1024 MB dual channel 3200
nVidia GeForce4 5900xt

PCSX2 Configuration
PCSX2 0.8
USA v01.60 [7-02-2002] Console
GSdx9 [SSE2] 0.8 - PS 2
SPU2null Drive 0.4
SSSPSX PAD Plugin 1.4
CDVDbin Driver 0.65
DEV9null driver 0.3
USBnull Driver 0.4
FWnull Driver 0.4

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Nice shots, but this really should have been posted in the screenshots thread.;)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
yeah,

BTW. you say it crashes after the last pic? I hope you mean the pic in which that policeman's trying to give leon a cigarette 'cause those next two 'pics' are earlier than scene with leon in car. Second thing: do you know that all screens you have posted are from FMVs? Maybe if someone makes a video skip patch it will go further :)

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
reports from our testers that on 0.9 the game will go ingame for only a few frames (i think) then it crashes, so im not sure if it will do much in 0.8.1 :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm ok. yea by last scene i mean where it switches from movie to actual playing. I think thats where it was lol, played the game on console a while ago. yea i was wonder what those white scratches that would appear in my pics were if anyone knew, and why would the game crash. does it have trouble loading movies or something...Cause i see alot of games have movie patches

o yea i was gona try to make a patch for it lol, we'll see how that goes

( i missed a few screenshots the first time lol, yea those are from the way beginning)

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
the white marks look like IPU problems, i dont think they are present in 0.9 so dont worry too much.

yes the crashes are due to bugs switching from videos to 3d, as with most games that have problems just switching to video, so most likely an IPU problem there too, but you can attempt a patch if you wish :)

·
A Square Fan!
592 Posts
I tested the PAL version with the last CVS.
And its Full-Playable at 20fps speeds with VUrecs and D3D on. I have managed to play till the first point of save, but I'm too lazy to put shots, and the devs will don't let me.(send a message if you want shots ;)) In 0.9 there aren't any bugs or crashes, only that ingame there is a problem with the frame rate (every 2frames are the same :S), and a little terrain bug near the character.
The IPU is ok with this game, no problem loading videos or block lost.

BUT: Sound makes the game to crash DON'T USE IT. USE NULL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ya i posted the Pics back when the Game first came out in the compatability ..
it kinda sucked that it did not go into actual game play in the 8.1 .. but hey its all Good .. it was nice to see the FMV actualy play .. :p

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
weaselforce0 said:
i've noticed some people have a newer bios than me... would there be anything different if i updated
none at all, unless your bios is the Japan V1.0 :p

·
A Square Fan!
592 Posts
NO, the BIOS doesn't matter when playing a game. ( If it's not XXXX-1000...)

I'm going to put my CVS RE4 Shots, if the moderators or devs don't like delete the post. I won't complain.

PD: My ADSL is broken, I was going to update a video....but I can't with 56k, so the shots are from the video, and they haven't the fps display....sry

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.