Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened my Crash Bandicoot 1 PS1 disc on my PC. The contents are 4 folders: S0,S1,S2,S3; and a "44" file, a "CNF" file and a "WAD" file. In the S0-4 folders, there are numerous "NSD" and "NSF" files.

I want to extract the soundtrack from my PS1 discs, but that requires XA or STR or CDDA files. No idea how to find the audio? Maybe it's some sort of protection?

·
Not a Registered User
1,381 Posts
You're better of looking up the soundtrack online, while true a lot of PS1 games used CCDA or XA as it was easy, a huge number of games used their own proprietary methods of storing music/sounds.
One common practice that was used from the previous generation was sampling or whatever it was called can't quite remember now, it's when a audio is stored in multiple small samples which then the audio chip plays using a data sheet in the game.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I already tried a PSF rip (Zophar) and the sound isn't good. There's a video on Youtube where the sound is very good but I don't know how the tracks were obtained.

Are there any go-to places to look for soundtracks?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
if the audio was not digital cd on PSX it was likely their own midi type player that generated them.... they were abel to get pretty high quality music from midi like files and using sound samples... xenogears, chrono cross, all FF games, etc are good examples

1 - 5 of 5 Posts