Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new slim PS2(scph-70006) today which mean I got 2 slim model now. But the problem is the new console refusing to run any DVD video. It can run all games either CD or DVD format except DVD video. My old slim PS2 can play DVD video and games without problem. Any idea what wrong my new slim PS2? (well...i buy another new one because the old one got a crack on the console after falling down although it still can be used.)

·
Registered
767 Posts
It should work.
Insert the DVD. Close the lid & When turning on the ps2 hold on to the power button for around 3-5 seconds. Note: You must release from the power button before the ps2 turns off.
It works for me fine. :)

·
Registered
767 Posts
I guess it doesnt work for you. too bad.. But you could check your PS2 User guide or you could take it to a PS2 Service Centre...

Keep trying it might work. There's always a chance that you might get it to work some way or the other.

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
If it came chipped perhaps he'd be better off bringing it back to the vendor? That's what we do here. And make sure that DVD movie is family-friendly ;) You don't want any omgwtf scenes at the shop...

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
JohnLai said:
Oh...I see..Then do it common for the slim PS2 to have disc read error sometimes? (cause my old slim PS2 acting up sometimes)
It shouldn't do that as it's new. With time the laser will start wearing down and it could give some disc errors from time to time but it's not normal right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.