Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Highly doubt this computer will meet the specs for this emulator but here we go.

Windows vista 32-bit
Intel quad core 2.4gig
3gig ram
nvidia Geforce 7350 LE

Features from the Pcsx2 configure CPU
GenuineIntel
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @
2402MHZ
MMX,SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3

This is a HP computer media center edition
model m8120n

i only plan on running FFX and FFXII

When i try to run the main ps2 bios with the CDVDnull driver to configure the memory cards the game crashes and i get a vista error message (search internet for solution and close program, or close program)

all help appreciated

·
Registered IT crowd
680 Posts
GPU 's a bit weak for FFXII.

With speedhacks, you should be able to get 30-35 fps, though.

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
I don't really understand ur problem well. Do u have the BIOS? If attempting to access the BIOS using CDVD null driver, hit file > execute.

If u just want to play the game, use Peops plugin if running it from the disc or linuzapps if u are going to use an ISO file of the game.

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
a bad dumped BIOS maybe???

re-dump the BIOS and use the latest official version of PCSX2 (9.6)

also don't forget to have up to date all your software like your VGA software and OS.

With 2.4GHz almost sure you'll get 40+FPS (out of 60) in FFX and FFXII.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ive redumped the bios 4 times now, i doubt its that, i can get the bios to run on the pcsx 9.4 and FFX runs at a amazing 5fps -_-

yet it refuses to run on the 9.6, ive tried every plugin available in my plugin config and still nothing it keeps crashing

im going to uninstall and delete every remaining file, then reinstall see if that works -_-

edit: forget it ill just use my crap ps2

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
If you're using the default HP install of the OS then maybe the problem resides there.

OEM OSs are full of crappy programs that only drain the RAM and CPU.

Try to close any unnecesary program (background also) that's not needed, or do a clean install of the OS, It should solve the problem.

I use Vista x86 and have zero probs running PCSX2.

PD: do you download the latest Nvidia driver for your card from Nvidia's site??, Vista's default driver for the cards are NOT recommended.

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
If 0.9.6 isn't working for u, how about u give the svn builds a try since they are far more advanced in the code than the 0.9.6 release.

Search on google for it.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
bios version does not matter.

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
USE the US bios ver 1.60 and 2.00 dont use the Europe Vesion becoz the 1.60 version of EU causes graphic glitches on FFX, FFXII plays good on any bios though the FMV seems to lag a bit.. and its irritating
I sense a pirate that doesn't know much of pcsx2.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.