Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah I do agree with most of you guys, except in what takwu said, the x-box will not be like the atari, it has alreadt sign deals with almost every major game companies. and besides, all game creators, say that it is far more easy to develop the games for x-box than for ps2! I do believe that the ps2 will not conquer many more adepts than the ones psx did, in fact, psx adepts will certainly be the major public for ps2. the x-box, on the other way, offers something new, bigger and better games!
Besides all this there is still one thing to consider, that most people forgets: the x-box, unlike the ps2, does not need that one buys extra periferics! it has a really big "memory card" integrated (8GB), so nobody will ever spend a dollar in those expensive 8mb memcards (ps2), and since every one talks about it, and although i consider it a real nonsense, (almost as stupid has converting FPS to consoles, unreal with a gamepad, yuck..), the matter of internet on consoles. x.box does bring a modem, unlike the ps2, so, there are a few more dollars that can be save! But in what concerns to internet in consoles, i think it really sucks! the only games that are really worth to play on the net IN CONSOLES are RPG's. well keep postin' , cause i'm tired of writin today. :p

·
Registered
425 Posts
oh god.........budy you need to see how much xbox is selling for..............even if you were to buy a psx2 and all that add0ons you'd still spend less then getting the xbox..you haven't heard what how billy is trying to corner the market have you.........oh boy.........cheaper..that's a good one.........hope your ass is rich.......and you like to buy crappy games..........i'll post a link to the articel in an edit so you can read it and stop 'thinking' that you'll be saving money with xbox.

edit: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-000066885aug18.story?coll=la-headlines-business

xbox for 1200???? cheap indeed

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
If you only want to buy a game console because it'll save you a few bucks (which it sounds the the only reason you want an Xbox) then you aren't a gamer...

Though I do HATE the Xbox and still believe it'll lose if the do have the Xbox become really popular then I will shoot myself and will consider Microsoft a monopoly...

S

·
0 Posts
Asz, don't shoot yourself just yet. MS is not about to become a "Game Console" monopoly. To do that, they would have to force Sony and Nintendo out of the competion, by completely destroying sales of the Game Cube, GBA, and PS2. No way is that going to happen. Bill Gates may "own" the Windows world, but he
has never delt w/the likes of Sony or Nintendo. We all know what they are capable of, so if he does mess w/them, BOY!!! will he be sorry.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

C

·
0 Posts
MS is ****ing everything up with the Xbox.

You won't be allowed to purchase it in a non-bundle package, the japanese controller won't come to the US, the final software for the console is unfinished, and still QUITE buggy. It's being dubbed the slowest of the three consoles by some developers, and much more..

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
eheheh
:) Xbox sucks:) .
aaaahhhhhhh,everytime I say that I'm totally happy,and I'll like everyone who says it (almost everyone:D ).

·
Registered
425 Posts
saying xbox sucks merits you to get ;the understatement of the year' award

*hands Raziel the understatement of the year award*

how many ps2s have sold so far? last i heard it was past 15 million.......if xbox seels 1/3 that much than microshaft better consider affiliating with a church cuz only god has that much power.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Unless Bill Gates is gonna give me some money then he and xbox and microsoft and windows can goto hell :p :dead: :dead: :p

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
well IMO the XBOX will be going the way of the 3DO system. so don't bother getting one. All that hype reminds me of Win95 ;)

on a side note, i didnt bother getting a Dreamcast before because it has less games and still pretty much expensive. But when Sega announced that they were discontinuing production of Dreamcast and began moving product like a fire sale, that was when i felt its time i got myself one. Add to the fact that over here they sell bootleg DC games for a dollar a CD, and it's really a no-brainer decision.

point? get it when it reaches the 500-game mark...if it ever reaches that goal. :D or maybe when Square ports FF to it (quite unlikely)....prolly by then they'll stop bundling crap "educational" games with an XBOX.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Originally posted by omega_34
all game creators, say that it is far more easy to develop the games for x-box than for ps2!
game creator A: what, am I not a game creator :rolleyes:
game creator B: damnit, someone twisted my words... I said it was far more easy to use up the capabilities of the Xbox than the PS2!
game creator C: LOL, must've been Bill...

·
Registered
130 Posts
the ps2 is a beatch to code for and even more of a beatch to port gamres 2..

now like many others i absolutely hate microshaft, but id say 99 percent of evryone here hasnt even downloaded screenshots or movies, most of the answers here are biased towards ps2, e.g. raziel said its shite and not as good as gc or ps2, and i said go download a screenshot as it takes mere seconds and he said he doesnt have the time to waste, 5 seconds?? I THINK NOT!!

like i said i hate nerdo bill gates ut the xbox wont just flop the way u say it will, the lineup is very impressive, granted after that the gaes could become total shite but all the top developers are workin on the xbox as well, infact im actually glad microshaft made a consloe becuz this time soy cant threaten them(Sega) and push their console off the market..

i seem to b one of a very few here who are not biased towards the ps2, but we shall just see when the xbox is released,

so for now stop putin it down without actually checkin it out..
p.s. takwu, by ur post ur obisouly iaed towards ps2, the fact is the developers did say this bcuz its ****.ing true! the xox is easier to code for than the ps2! the ps2 is as much of a ***** to code for as the saturn was! and the xbox is sellin for 300 dollars it says on the officail website that it will b 300 dollars, was the ps2 not more than that when released in u.s.?(i wouldnt no i dont live there)! well the ps2 was 400 wen released in the uk.

·
Registered
130 Posts
and as for that article? i somehow doubt they are gonna actually charge that much(1200) and if they do they will realise that wen no 1 is buyin them theyll have to put the price back down,

and never buy a console at launch ait a month-2months and itll go doen in price!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Hmm,I'm not biased towards PS2!,im' biased towards GameCube:D .
But I'll get a PS2 cause of MGS2,Xenosaga and FFX.:p

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
But some developers say (one from Naughty Dog at least :p) that PS2 will become a lot better when developers figure out how to do everything....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts