Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ゲート オーペン!
Joined
·
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
Wow... took quite a while to load and I'm on T-something! :p (but line speed had been crappy for a few days for some reason)
Nice creepy layout (probably because of the music), but the file is pretty big. Isn't there a way to make it not load everything at the same time? Think I saw it somewhere before.
And what's the difference between the two layouts? oO
 

·
ゲート オーペン!
Joined
·
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
WindHydra said:
Wow... took quite a while to load and I'm on T-something! :p (but line speed had been crappy for a few days for some reason)
Nice creepy layout (probably because of the music), but the file is pretty big. Isn't there a way to make it not load everything at the same time? Think I saw it somewhere before.
And what's the difference between the two layouts? oO
one is black the other on blue >_> and the menu is different.....wow a lot of things the music... oh yeah is big due to the music eheh ^^;

btw the second layout should show: http://ukiya.haf-hosting.com/sigs/index2.html (which has http://ukiya.haf-hosting.com/sigs/site_2.swf in it..)
 

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
flash only annoys me..
 

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
Joined
·
5,370 Posts
shadow89 said:
hmmm the comment was well hmm.... oO

heh don't look at it, it's a forum where everyone can say what they want ;)

dude, I used to have such background as your now on one of my prev sites :thumb: something's wrong with the preloader, it shows too late...
if you want to 'reduce' files size try to split your site to few movies (like - logo, menu main background too one file, rest of categories of menu - othere files that load when you click on them)

good luck to you :thumb:

I wish I had more free time to work on my site by well... maybe someday ;)
 

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
You put site.swf on all 3 pages. Have to use the direct link to site_2.swf
Maybe you have to change this line too:
<param name="movie" value="site.swf">

Seta-San said:
flash only annoys me..
Agreed... I usually just leave when I got onto a flash site oO Flash menu is ok, but flash site is just too much.
 

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
Joined
·
5,370 Posts
WindHydra said:
Agreed... I usually just leave when I got onto a flash site oO Flash menu is ok, but flash site is just too much.
I still say it depends on persons preferences :p
 

·
ゲート オーペン!
Joined
·
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ehehe true :p u know what's weird it looks fine in my pc >_> omg oh well.. I'll try to fix that link..
 

·
ゲート オーペン!
Joined
·
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
well I have to take them down eheh its way too much bandwidth >_>...btw kaneda I forgot to ask how do preload a movie inside a swf???, like u if u click on a link it loads it...??
 

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
Joined
·
5,370 Posts
yeah, you make a link to anothere movie (swf) file and load it to level you want to, of course that movie you want to preload has to have its own preload inside it :) I'd like to give for example my site... but for now it has too small content (baside that music file :innocent: you can see preload it in right upper corner I think)
 

·
ゲート オーペン!
Joined
·
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KanedA said:
yeah, you make a link to anothere movie (swf) file and load it to level you want to, of course that movie you want to preload has to have its own preload inside it :) I'd like to give for example my site... but for now it has too small content (baside that music file :innocent: you can see preload it in right upper corner I think)
oh ok thnx ^_^, well I also found a cool tutorial about interface in flash that talks about that =D, looks much better that way(nice site btw i like the katana for kaneda ehehe :evil:) also I do like to have my music open with the main site.. do u have any idea why would the preloader show so late ??
 

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
Joined
·
5,370 Posts
shadow89 said:
oh ok thnx ^_^, well I also found a cool tutorial about interface in flash that talks about that =D, looks much better that way(nice site btw i like the katana for kaneda ehehe :evil:) also I do like to have my music open with the main site.. do u have any idea why would the preloader show so late ??
if you could show me your code of preload...maybe there's a mistake or sth...
what do you use to build flash movies?
 

·
Programmer/Animator
Joined
·
262 Posts
hmmm.... none of the links above work..... try fickin them first pls....
 

·
Canadian Spaceman
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
Stop digging up threads. Even though this isnt very old, if the links were dead, leave this thead dead aswell.

This thread is open only if Shadow89 wishes to fill us in. If not, it will be closed soon.
 

·
ゲート オーペン!
Joined
·
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
>< sorry about that I thought I posted that I had taken both of those off >.>
well anyway I do have some new work....still working on it and well only new has the right layout and well...its not even close to be half way done >.> I decided to plan more b4 doing something and screw it up so far it's looking nice so I'm still planning to make it better >< btw some help of how do a see effect wouldn't be bad xP

link: kagakaze designs

oh yeah this is a short project for a, well.. smal portofolio XD and maybe my company ^^; quick note: the intro is just an idea.... XD

and well I made a mute button for those who hate music 8D...and....I'm still working on it...enjoy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
To be honest I found the website rather annoying, mostly the music. Everything else was decent looking and functioned quite nicely. One tip I would give is if this is going to be a corporate website for your company then it really shouldn't have any intros or music. Here's some nice, successful corporate websites for you to get an idea of where to go:

Non-Flash:
FireWheel Design
Stop Design

Flash:
HugoBoss

Hope this helps.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top