Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,936 Posts
2gigs is only necessary for games like bf2 and fear otherwise stick with 1gig.

· Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ShadowDancer said:
This might be a stupid question but why do you have a DVD burner and a DVD Rom?
cause I have no use for 2 DVD burners...I do on-the-fly copying, but not enough to consider a 2nd one.

also I'm guessing that DDR2 memory is only exclusive for Intel processors...cause I can't find any for AMD processors.

· Registered
780 Posts
ShadowDancer said:
This might be a stupid question but why do you have a DVD burner and a DVD Rom?
To directly copy a dvd from an original to the blank dvd, or do the same with normal cds. At least thats why I bought that kind of setup for my current comp.

As for the comp itself, looks like a nice setup but I would drop the creative sound card (I have always had problems with them working in some games and not in others and the onboard audio is good on nforce 4 boards, I have never had any issues with it and it does all I want it to easily). Also, especially if you plan to oc the cpu, get a better quality brand PSU, like from Enermax. I have an Aspire one at the moment, but it doesn't give the +12V all the power it needs, which prevents me from ocing this thing as I can't raise the voltage and it still run stable. (it runs 11.32-11.38, and all my other PSUs had the voltage slightly above 12).

Kirby said:
also I'm guessing that DDR2 memory is only exclusive for Intel processors...cause I can't find any for AMD processors.
AFAIK, AMD does not have any plans on using DDR2 at the moment, but don't quote me on that.

· Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
changed my rig to 2GB of memory....

As for the Aspire PSU....the only other PSU I have interest in is Rosewill. Antec is way overpriced for my likings. If anything, maybe Thermaltake....but this Aspire PSU is getting great ratings :)

· Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
608 Posts

· !!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Antec overpriced? You can get their popular and very trustworthy TruePower 2.0 line quite cheaply. I have 430W model and payed only 60€ for it.

On the side note, this rig is almost same what i proposed to my friend to get when he asked. (which he now ordered yesterday. Parts should be here at monday). Abit KN8 ultra, 1 Gig memory, 7800GT, Athlon 64 3700+, Sb X-Fi Xtreme music soundcard, Antec powersupply. :)

· Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Raziel said:
Buying an Enermax PSU doesn't force you to go SLI.
I know that....it's just that the Dual +12V PSUs are more expensive, and I have no need for SLI

and I will take your word on suggesting a better power supply....an extra 20 bucks can't hurt....can it? :p

(btw...any good, inexpensive power supples that have light-up fans in them? :3 450 Watt minimum plz....)

· Emulation Junkie
847 Posts

· Computer Nerd
162 Posts
Kirby said:
just added everything.....

1800 dollars....ouch....but it's necessary ;)

also another question: is 2GB of memory overkill?
no it isnt over kill. now 4gbs would be over kill. if you want 2gbs go for it.
for the motherboard i would recommand the DFI Lanparty NF4 ultra-D i had the motherboard it works great and its a great Ocer if you ever OC in the future and its stable.

for the PSU i recommand the PSU i have in my Sig.

· Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

· Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Aided Onslaught said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817101208 there's the new egg one I said, I'm saying to get this for the fact of power, sli ready, and how great the cables look for your clear case. I've had no problems with it. Cables all look perfect in my case, and I didn't even get around to aranging them to look even better.
I dunno....it's a very nice concept, but the maker is on the "cheap list" slitz gave me.

also...while I'm thinking about it...how does overclocking memory work??? for example: how do I run PC4000 memory on a PC3200 standard motherboard?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.