Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I must say this is a VERY unexpected event....VERY unexpected. As some of you might have seen, I posted in the OD that I'd be gone since I won't have internet access at my relatives place.

It turned out that they had planned a surprise for me, this:

Compaq Preasrio CQ61 notebook

Specifications:
Intel Pentium Dual-core T4200 @ 2.0 GHz
3GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
15.6" LCD display
160GB SATA 7200RPM HDD
Intel built-in graphics adapter with 1.3GB (shared) memory
Built-in web-cam, WiFi, HDMI
Windows Vista Home Basic SP1
Weight: 2.6 KG

The thing costs, 400 British Pounds, and I got it for free! <^_^> Boy am I thankful to god, my previous old Compaq Presario 2500 is on its knees, apart from being highly unportable and very thick.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys :)

Its better than your pc.
Not really. It would have been if it has something like a 9600M GT, but it's a stupid built-in adapter. The only thing it has going for it is the extra 1GB RAM, but that's not really badly needed anyway.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
hey nice laptop gamefreak.

btw your country still uses the british pound?

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
uhh....no, the colonial era was 60 years ago :p

I just wanted to turn it into a currency understandable to more people, cuz if I'd said Rs.52,000 you guys wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about :p

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Great! It's always great to get something for nothing! Thank God indeed :)

Personally, I always HATED Compaq computers (especially the Presarios), but hopefully it does what you need it to do. And I thought I was fortunate to find this laptop I have now for $400 USD.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
uhh....no, the colonial era was 60 years ago :p

I just wanted to turn it into a currency understandable to more people, cuz if I'd said Rs.52,000 you guys wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about :p

what ARE you talking about.

i don't see a laptop, i see papyrus and a quill.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks again guys xD

nice wallpaper :p

edit: oh! forgot to say, congrats..
Actually, I was just too lazy to take a picture myself, so I just pulled one off image search. Will probably get around to it taking a pic some time though :)

Personally, I always HATED Compaq computers (especially the Presarios), but hopefully it does what you need it to do. And I thought I was fortunate to find this laptop I have now for $400 USD.
Yeah I don't like Compaqs either, the previous one had a ridiculously impractical fan placement and would get VERY hot if ran for an hour, but this one's really good. I ran it for 2 hours, and it barely got "warm" at one small spot at the bottom

what ARE you talking about.

i don't see a laptop, i see papyrus and a quill.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,977 Posts

My first computer was a Compaq Presario :lol:

Back in the Win95 days.

"The name "COMPAQ" was derived from "Compatibility and Quality""
lol, right...

·
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,201 Posts
@gamefreak: I don't wanna bring you bad omen or something but Presarios suck big time..

I got 4 laptops, all of them presarios

* 1 of them the lcd screen is not working after 1 month, -although nothing wrong with the screen itself, because I tried it on my other laptop and it's working, I bought external LCD monitor for that-

* the second one, the wireless adapter disappears from the device list and reappears depends on my laptop's mood -I bought external usb wireless adapter-

* the third one gets hot for no reason then hangs, -cleaned the fan, changed the fan, bought thermal gel to put on the cpu, installed new system, although I had to do blow-job to the CPU when it hangs to let it continue installing windows, my lungs exploded, my head turned to blue, the only way to let it works if I apply pressure on the copper thingy -another stupid heat sink-..

* the fourth one, I don't know if it has any problems, I gave it to my niece when she graduated from junior school..

but nevertheless, I can't really complain, I got them for really cheap price like $200 each, on black friday after thanksgiving -2 years ago- 1.8Ghz AMD 64 2X Turion, 120GB HDD, GeForce Go6100..

long and useless post, anyways I am not going to delete it.. :dead:

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You can't delete it even if you want to :p

Anyway, yeah a Toshiba Satellite would have been really good...but well....I can't really say anything (its a present, memories count more then quality of product :)). Plus it works great atm....will see how it turns out later.

My previous Compaq Preasrio 2500 (P4 2.8GHz) was working great for 3-4 years though. Its only last year that overheating issues started to emerge and only recently that the keyboard started getting sticky keys.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.