Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Pcsx2 Lover
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Pc is ready for to be set on the desk.
I think it will be fastest PC on NGemu! may be.

Processor = Intel P4 Extreme edition 3.7Ghz
Mainboard = Some Intel board (but it has Pci Express & Agp8x)
Ram = 2GB
Harddisk = 150GB
Video card = Inno3d Geforce 7800gtx 512mb
Monitor = 17" flat panel Samsung

Internet = DSL 1mb (not the fastest)

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
Awesome, man!

How much did it all cost in Rs ?
And why did you get a P4 EE? you should've opted for an AMD X2. Anyways, nice rig. Wanna share some benchmarks?

Note: This is NOT the fastest system on NGemu. Besides Chrisray, I saw Kirby getting an X2 4200+ with a 7800GT which I think is round about equal to yours.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Showoffs xD

Anyway thats a great comp Xeon_2006 congrats on that. But with such a good comp you should wast a bit more money and buy a decent motherboard

G

·
Got a CAD workstation standing right next to me by a company I work for (though not sure if I can keep it :( ) - configuration:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 FX-55
Mainboard: MSI A939A nF4 K8N Neo4 Diamond
RAM: 4 GB
HDs: 2 x WD Raptor 74 GB HDs
Video card: PNY Quadro FX 4500

About the fastest machine I've ever worked with, though it seems quite slow already again in the CAD forums :) Price? No clue, but I guess unpayable for me.

·
Pcsx2 Lover
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
C'mon!

Mannn.

I gave my previous 2.0ghz processor & 512mb ram
and 40gb HDD & Some E4mainboard in 15000/-.
Then Got New processor 3.7Ghz 12000/- &
ram 1Gbx2=2Gb at 7500/- and HDD 150Gb for
6000/- & Inno3d Geforce 7800gtx for about
UK 400pounds.(I sayed my big bro to send this
from UK).But it cost me without Gfx card
about 28000/-.:???:

You people don't konw difference btw Intel & Amd.
I know Intel is more costly but it performence is way
better than Amd. I also have heard that you can OC
Intel extreme edition.

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
That is definitely one nice set up. and the outrageous clock of 3.7 Ghz.:D I like the setup, in fact it's pretty close to what I want to upgrade to later.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Xeon_2006 said:
Intel extreme edition.
Nope. The P4 EE you got is slower than the older 3.46GHz model, and both are slower than almost all of the Athlon64s that are 2.0GHz or above. I am also very aware of all the performance benchmarks. See below:

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Yeah... dont get fooled by that "Runs great on intel p4" adds. Couse it runs better on AMD ;)

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
Xeon_2006 said:
Mannn.

I gave my previous 2.0ghz processor & 512mb ram
and 40gb HDD & Some E4mainboard in 15000/-.
Then Got New processor 3.7Ghz 12000/- &
ram 1Gbx2=2Gb at 7500/- and HDD 150Gb for
6000/- & Inno3d Geforce 7800gtx for about
UK 400pounds.(I sayed my big bro to send this
from UK).But it cost me without Gfx card
about 28000/-.:???:

Intel extreme edition.
Man, that's freakin cheap I tell ya!!!!
The 1GB module here costs 7000Rs. And a 3.7GHz P4EE for ONLY 12000 (that's 200 US$) ...... you gotta be kiddin me. Can you tell me the name of the shop.....I'm really really interested.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Yeah... dont get fooled by that "Runs great on intel p4" adds. Couse it runs better on AMD ;)
Yea, BUT, downside, it runs Hotter on AMD too... I opted for a Celeron D 2.8ghz CPU/MB for a Home Theater PC..Simply because the AMD systems put out WAY to much heat to be behind an Entertainment center.
Thats the only thing I really don't like about AMD....

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
You mean its actually possible for another CPU to run hooter then my prescott 3.0? This baby was is idleling at 90ºC before i installed new fans xD

·
Ocean Soul
1,464 Posts
90?!?! I would die if I had that...well my cpu would. That's effing crazy. The new amd's run soo cool, 34C is max, and I have a stock cooler. two 80mm case fans, and then the 120 in my psu. my side fan is turned off onless it needs it, nothing so far.

G

·
Warm? Good god, you can't compare a celeron to an Athlon64 ... my home cinema box runs on a sempron and the fan is hardly doing anything!
If you compare a P4 EE to an Athlon 64, your P4 will be way closer at the same clock speed!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
dpence said:
Yea, BUT, downside, it runs Hotter on AMD too... I opted for a Celeron D 2.8ghz CPU/MB for a Home Theater PC..Simply because the AMD systems put out WAY to much heat to be behind an Entertainment center.
Prescott based Pentium 4s such as the Celeron D consume significantly more power and put out more heat than the 90nm Athlon64s.

More Power Consumption:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/sempron-3000_9.html

More heat than equivalent Northwood, and thus Athlon64 @ 90nm:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/celeron-d_6.html

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
You mean its actually possible for another CPU to run hooter then my prescott 3.0? This baby was is idleling at 90ºC before i installed new fans xD
What's your Room temperature? oO

Currently, my Room is at 27C and my AMD is at 32C (with cool and quiet on) and CPU fan is at 3500RPM. The maximum it has peaked EVER is 55C.

·
Mr. Stupendous
1,138 Posts
who says AMDs run hotter? lol

check out the fx57 in clements charts - right at the top......mines faster;) it tops out at 55c full load on the stock heatsink. That not hot, at all, that damn cool for a 2.9ghz a64 with 1mb cache and it will dump on an EE from a great height.

Anybody who says intels are faster or run cooler has been living under a rock for the last 2 years.

dpence said:
laughable.

Contains all the hardware in my sig. no case fans.

·
カラム
365 Posts
Nice, james.miller. Xeon, you got a nice PC, but you could have done better. Such as a Pentium D or an Athlon 64 X2. The Pentium 4 Extreme Edition is just not worth the money, and you know it. You haven't seen any benchmarks, apart from Clements', haven't you?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.