Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woah !! After the last longer downtime we should have had for a long time (our CPU cooler was defect, got a new CPU, new mobo, new RAM etc. now), we were finally able to compile gzip into the server - and I tell you, WHAT a difference ! The mainpage loads up to 3 times faster now, forums are faster - everything which has to do with text loads a lot faster now !

Please post your new results and experiences in this thread ! Thanks a lot for your patience during our recent downtimes !

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Hey thanx there, If Im not wrong you Bobbi are the man of the dirty work, seems like you are an so important people over there, well anyway thanx for the speed !!!! Now I can post again Yahoo !!!

see ya

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Yeah, it's faster than before hrere in Brazil. Good work, Bobbi.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I, too, noticed the speed difference Bobbi and this is on my "slow" work computer. I can't wait to get home and try out NGEmu and boards on my "speedy" Athlon. Great job!
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
526 Posts
One question though. How does a fast processor help u surf faster on the net. I mean isnt it related to the ISP and the web site ure connecting to. This is for the end user and not the server

·
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by ice2hot
One question though. How does a fast processor help u surf faster on the net. I mean isnt it related to the ISP and the web site ure connecting to. This is for the end user and not the server
yup... I was about to ask the same think :p

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I think bobi is talking about the computer the site is one, by a faster comp the site is on, that fast mulitble users can access it, hense if you were the ONLY on on ngemu.com you prolly wouldn't notice much of a dif, but lets face it, many many ppl are viewing the site at once, and since this site usess PHP ( a server side scripting) the computer the site is on has to do even more work.

·
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by Ryoga
I think bobi is talking about the computer the site is one, by a faster comp the site is on, that fast mulitble users can access it, hense if you were the ONLY on on ngemu.com you prolly wouldn't notice much of a dif, but lets face it, many many ppl are viewing the site at once, and since this site usess PHP ( a server side scripting) the computer the site is on has to do even more work.
I think we were talking about sxamiga computer :p

·
Registered
965 Posts
Site was extremely slow a few hours back, don't know if it was just a local problem.

Anyhow, seems fine now.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Originally posted by Bobbi
Woah !! After the last longer downtime we should have had for a long time (our CPU cooler was defect, got a new CPU, new mobo, new RAM etc. now), we were finally able to compile gzip into the server - and I tell you, WHAT a difference ! The mainpage loads up to 3 times faster now, forums are faster - everything which has to do with text loads a lot faster now !

Please post your new results and experiences in this thread ! Thanks a lot for your patience during our recent downtimes !
new cpu? athlon? or still using duron? :)

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
for me it's just like nothing happened (being on a T3), but there's something new I noticed though: I've been getting these messages every time I click on something

Warning: Too many connections in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ngemu.com/httpdocs/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Shiori Wrote:
for me it's just like nothing happened (being on a T3), but there's something new I noticed though: I've been getting these messages every time I click on something
Warning: Too many connections in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ngemu.com/httpdocs/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38
There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Yep....this is happening to me all the time....I just come back and click the link (or URL) again.....and works....( some server downs are happening too...wich makes me pissed of...because i've to disconnect, wait some time and try again....)

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
well..... it will work (as bobbi stays here of course)

PS:hey bobbi, don't let us down! you know we trust you!!!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts