Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Resident Rabble Rouser
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Still won't play any wii games at full speed. It's a pretty decent laptop, too, and I installed MicroXP to get the most performance out of it (and yes, also installed the latest directx dlls).

Specs:
hp pavillion dv5z-1100
AMD Turion(TM) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-80 (2.1 GHz)
4GB DDR2
160GB SATA HD
ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics
(1280 x 800)

I would think with those specs something would play at full speed. It seems like everything is slow. Is it the gfx chip?

Thanks in advance.

· The one and only
4,074 Posts
nope. the entire system is pretty slow...
my pc barely plays most wii games at full speed, though i mostly play GC ones.

· Registered
379 Posts
Actually, the GPU should be fine as long as you're not running at uber resolutions with tons of AA.

The CPU definitly isn't fine though. It'd been determined that you'd need a ~3GHz dual-core for recommended performance. Yes I know GHz isn't a good measure of speed, but it's usually a pretty stable measurement on the same product line and related products (like Athlon and Phenom)

· Registered
379 Posts
At least he does have a 64-bit CPU so he could upgrade to a 64-bit OS without a change in hardware.

· The one and only
4,074 Posts
dont bother doing it for just dolphin. you still wont be able to run anything with that slow cpu

· Banned
35,081 Posts
... Still won't play any wii games at full speed. It's a pretty decent laptop, too, and I installed MicroXP to get the most performance out of it (and yes, also installed the latest directx dlls).

Specs:
hp pavillion dv5z-1100
AMD Turion(TM) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-80 (2.1 GHz)
4GB DDR2
160GB SATA HD
ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics
(1280 x 800)

I would think with those specs something would play at full speed. It seems like everything is slow. Is it the gfx chip?

Thanks in advance.

dude, its a Turion. if it was an Athlon Mobile, then maybe, but its a frickin turion. :rolleyes:

· The one and only
4,074 Posts
dont worry. current gen emulation is often best left to the high end desktop>$1000 and laptops >$2000

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.