Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
its o.k., overall though the colors are fairly bland and monotone. Frames are a personal annoyance of mine, but I suppose they're ok. For a first attempt though it is not bad. I'd be interested to see a finished product.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zenogais said:
its o.k., overall though the colors are fairly bland and monotone. Frames are a personal annoyance of mine, but I suppose they're ok. For a first attempt though it is not bad. I'd be interested to see a finished product.
True, monotones are weak, but its the best simple/neat product you can get for giving less effort and not having to worry about color combinations, not to mention I have a bad taste on combining colors. (violet+brown anyone?) :p

The frames are temporary, that is until I learn how to make the lay-out extend to the contents.

Keith said:
Better then my first attempt at a page. :p .. looking good so far.
Well, the title says "first attempt on making a website", that excludes my attempts on pages and lay-outs, which.. I.. dont really want to talk about. :p

FLaRe85 said:
Pop-under ads are teh suck.
Any FREE web host w/out ads you can recommend? :)

Anyway, thanks for the encouraging words, I'm very glad to see that such nice comments came from veteran web designers. it really helps. ;)

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,325 Posts
the color combination is ok... well just my suggestion, you could increase some more of your scroll page part so people won't have to scroll down too much when you update it...

side topic

hahaha... ok yung storya mo :p

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quatro said:
the color combination is ok... well just my suggestion, you could increase some more of your scroll page part so people won't have to scroll down too much when you update it...

side topic

hahaha... ok yung storya mo :p

Suggestion taken. ;)

side topic:

I was planning to make it an all-out tagalog emu-related website, pero mahirap pala. :p

refraction said:
www.atspace.com

filesize limit 200k, but 50mb storage, if thats ok
Thanks, trying it out. :)

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
50webs.com is really good as well, which is the host I use. But you may notice that my website does have a banner at the top that is the result of the redirecting service from burn.at.

·
Programmer/Animator
262 Posts
Any FREE web host w/out ads you can recommend? :)
Sure.

Tekcities - provides : -

5 GB Storage
10 GB BANDWIDTH
5MB File SIZE limit

and no adds + free

only problem - you got to upload files by getting to the Control Panel on the Members Section.....

Also domain names are kinda ugly - for example my own:

www.tekcities.com/xymet/index.html

but you can always get a dot.tk domain name.

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,325 Posts
Sera said:
Suggestion taken. ;)

side topic:

I was planning to make it an all-out tagalog emu-related website, pero mahirap pala. :p
well its a bit hard but don't worry.. I think there is no need since Filipinos are good with their English(?) :innocent: :D

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quatro said:
well its a bit hard but don't worry.. I think there is no need since Filipinos are good with their English(?) :innocent: :D

Hey, dont get me wrong, I'm doing this for the sake of distinction. ;)

Xyment said:
Sure.

Tekcities - provides : -

5 GB Storage
10 GB BANDWIDTH
5MB File SIZE limit

and no adds + free

only problem - you got to upload files by getting to the Control Panel on the Members Section.....

Also domain names are kinda ugly - for example my own:

www.tekcities.com/xymet/index.html

but you can always get a dot.tk domain name.
Registering on a no ads webhost would be pretty much be useless if you'll get a dot.tk redirection. dot.tk have this annoying redirection 'ad' page :p

but thanks anyway, at least the file size limit is much bigger than atspace.

·
Programmer/Animator
262 Posts
Sera said:
Hey, dont get me wrong, I'm doing this for the sake of distinction. ;)

Registering on a no ads webhost would be pretty much be useless if you'll get a dot.tk redirection. dot.tk have this annoying redirection 'ad' page :p

but thanks anyway, at least the file size limit is much bigger than atspace.
I was saying that if you dont like the web address then you could go for tk. I know that stupid ad, and thats why I dont use it. Cheers anyway - nice JK ;)

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
refraction said:
www.atspace.com

filesize limit 200k, but 50mb storage, if thats ok
uhm, refraction, It seems you forgot to tell me one tiny problem:

6. ATSPACE.COM does NOT allow sites that provide any content, points of distribution, or `links` to sites that:

- contain Pirated or Hacking / Phreaking Software (Warez)- Any software that is copyrighted and not freely available for distribution without cost. ROMs, ROM Emulators and Mpeg Layer 3 files (MP3) all fall under this jurisdiction;
edit: Oops, It seems I misunderstood this violation, turns out that this only applies on commercial emulators such as Bleem and VGS. :p

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Those aren't rom emulators, they emulate consoles :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.