Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning I was playing Saga Frontier just fine, this morning every game goes right to a black screen and the emulator is eating up all the CPU resources for nothing (except Einhander, is starts up, then freezes at the "Countdown" screen). All I did between then and now is play some Everquest 2 and update AdAware, AVG, and Spybot.

I'm using the same version epsxe 1.7.0, same plugins:
Pete's OpelGL Driver 1.77 (video)
Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 (sound)
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0 (cdrom)

I have tried rebooting, several times, left the computer off for several hours even. Downloaded fresh copies of the emulator from the official site and fresh copies of all the plugins and BIOS. Anyone have any ideas what would make all my games suddenly not work when I changed nothing about the emulator or its plugins?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
can you get the BIOS to run?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the BIOS work fine, the memory card files seem to read fine too. Checked all my games again to make sure and of all 35 of them, working from Z to A and I got as far as Guardian's Crusade and that was it; they started working. Got through Grandia and FF9, turned on the special fix for FF9's battles and then decided to go back and check games that i knew didn't work. Just as bizarrely as none worked they all work now which is almost as frustrating as when they all weren't working 'cause there's no explanation still. Thank you very much for those who viewed this and jonc2006 for responding so fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.