Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hdbash: Hey everyone if you can help me on this issue it would be great, It seems that on sunday morning I turned on my Pc, and everthing was fine and working, so I left it running up until 3-4 o' clock in the afternoon, and when I went to play one of my games my dvd drive was not working. It does not even show up when I click on my computer icon, nor will it spin up, all power to it is working, can still open the disc tray, put a cd in, but it won't spin up or read it, any info on why this sudden bout of drive failure is happening (my pc is still under a year old) doesn't make any sense as why this would be happening. I know the issue is not overheating, I have my pc in front of an open window w/ a screen and a fan behind it blowing cool air on my pc (darn crap pc emachines overheats without the fan behind it and the fans, noisy as heck revs up) Thanx :heh: :thumb:

· Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what does rma mean

:wave: Hi, It does not even recognise it when I boot up my Pc, therefor I cannot even use my restore disc that came with my Pc, it doesn't show up when I click my computer icon, and when I go in to system information and click on components and look at Dvd-rw, cdrom drive neither does it show up there either. Btw what does RMA it mean, cause I have no clue what That is. It is irritating me that my drive's not working, cause I just bought microsoft frontpage, to create my website with and now I cannot install it, nor can I play my games which I desperatly want to play. Any Help Appreciated Thanx a bunch :thumb:

· !!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Did you check that IDE cable is fine and firmly attached? Its quite a surprise how often the fault is just loose IDE cable.

· Registered
2,171 Posts
Xtreme2damax said:
:wave: Hi, It does not even recognise it when I boot up my Pc, therefor I cannot even use my restore disc that came with my Pc, it doesn't show up when I click my computer icon, and when I go in to system information and click on components and look at Dvd-rw, cdrom drive neither does it show up there either. Btw what does RMA it mean, cause I have no clue what That is. It is irritating me that my drive's not working, cause I just bought microsoft frontpage, to create my website with and now I cannot install it, nor can I play my games which I desperatly want to play. Any Help Appreciated Thanx a bunch :thumb:
RMA= If it is still under warrenty, contact the maker and tell them it is broken, they will then give you an RMA number (Return authorization) to include and an addres to send the drive to, they will then send you a new one....

· Registered
848 Posts
dpence said:
RMA= If it is still under warrenty, contact the maker and tell them it is broken, they will then give you an RMA number (Return authorization) to include and an addres to send the drive to, they will then send you a new one....
And make sure you get proof of delivery.. Or they can screw you over, and you won't even have a dead drive then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.