Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody !

I downloaded 3 days ago a DS emulator for iPhone, iNDS, which is not from the app store. I correctly installed the application, checked the developers with iOS, and everything worked great.

Yet this morning, for some inexplicable reason, I can't open the app anymore: it starts to open and then bawls all of a sudden to let the home screen appear. It stays in the opened apps, but if I try to come back on it, same thing.

I've tried a lot of methods, restarting my iPhone, updating iOS, downloading other apps and opening them (which works), changing app settings... But nothing works, always the same problem with my emulator.

I don't even know if the problem comes from iOS blocking or from the app, but I certainly don't want to uninstall it because I'll lose all the data of my games, which I played a lot, a lot during these 3 days.

Here's my question: do you have any ideas to explain/correct the app not opening? Or if not, do you have a solution to export the data of my games and then reimport them if I uninstall the app to reinstall it?

Thanks in advance

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,451 Posts
I'm on Android so I can't be of too much help, but from everything I could find, iNDS isn't an officially supported app as you suggest and so iOS most likely is blocking the app from running anymore because its security certificate has been revoked or has expired.

Renewing the certificate most likely just involves updating the app with a newer version without the need for uninstalling the current version of the app.

Here's a link to a reddit post detailing how to restore backed up saves: https://www.reddit.com/r/GBA4iOS/comments/bi21bn
The guy doesn't mention where they are stored, however, I assume they should be easy enough to find with some kind of file explorer app.

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,224 Posts
The iNDS app was most likely revoked which happens to a lot of IOS apps downloaded from alternate app stores. Not exactly sure the current rules on the forums but you could always try rickpacter (google search it) which is what I used to install iNDS. Kind of a long initial process to set it up but it works. I also use AltStore for Delta (nes, snes, n64, gbc, gba emulator) which is nice. If you become a patreon for like $3 a month you can get access to the beta stuff for AltServer and AltStore which will allow you to upload IPA files to your phone and update the 7 day license so it will keep working and not get revoked. Also gives you access to Delta beta which has DS support. Not sure how good it is since I haven’t done that and just using iNDS for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts