Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Thiccachu (Chubbychu AKA Pikachu-bby/Pikachu-BBW)
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You see, i've been playing super smash bros. for a long time and I still like it but I got bored of the few characters, so I got SSBM and I played it but it runs too slow so I need help on how to make it go faster. I have dolphin 32 bit, A NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 videocard and pentium III.Thanks;)

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Emulating systems such as the Gamecube/Wii and PS2 just isn't going to happen with that PC, at least not at a playable speed if you can get anything to run at all, I'm not sure but I don't think the Pentium III supported the SSE2 instruction set which is required for Dolphin.

If you could get anything working you are looking at maybe 3 - 5 FPS if you are lucky, also the FX series aren't supported since they lacked proper shader model 2.0 support, so you'll have rendering issue should you be able to get anything running.

Dolphin requires a fairly powerful PC, an Intel Core2Duo/Quad, i7, AMD Phenom processor is required for the best performance and results, keep in mind that even those with beastly powerful machines experience slowdown in some games.

·
Registered
376 Posts
My general rule of thumb is that for emulating consoles, you need a PC with parts that came out during the console generation AFTER the one you're emulating (wii, original xbox, and handhelds are exceptions though)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.