4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My laptop is a Asus U6E
Windows Vista Business Edition
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7500, 2.2 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 800 FSB
2048MB DDR2 667MHz (1Gx2) up to 2048MB
Super Multi Optical Drive DVDR: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-U10n ATA

Overall a very good laptop, one small problem with PSX games however:
It doesn't recognize PSX discs at all! I've played PSX on my old hp laptop, and my desktop that I built from scratch, but the same exact games don't even show up in My Computer. My optical drivers are up to date and my discs are pristine. Is there an application or driver that I can install to get support for my beloved games?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hmm... Ultra Iso worked on Gundam Battle Assault 2, but it's not working on Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy Tactics. Unfortunately I don't have any more games on hand to test it. Does Ultra Iso have any sort of options that may help?

EDIT: Curious, I rebooted with the game in the drive and now it reads it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hmm, Tactics loaded up after a reboot. Armored Core isn't. And I happend to find a normal cd mixed in with my PSX games and it worked no problem. I used to burn and watch DVDs on this computer, I don't have any right now to test. This is such an odd problem.

EDIT: I noticed something interesting when I opened a normal cd with My Computer it opened it like I wanted to burn more to the CD. Maybe my drive is trying to edit the discs instead of open them?

·
Registered
157 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.