Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
depends, your PC is OverClocked????, If you say yes then your OCking is not stable.

or maybe your system is overheating, check the temps of your CPU and GPU, PCSX2 like to push at 100% the CPU and GPU (this last depends on the game).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2Quad CPU Q6600 3.01 @ GHZ 2GIG RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
It's overclocked I think

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2Quad CPU Q6600 3.01 @ GHZ 2GIG RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
It's overclocked I think
Run Orthos or Prime95 to ensure stability, Like the other member said, probably your issue is non PCSX2 related.

I say this 'cause my system at 4.0GHz aparently was stable (non stable due to my RAM) but running Orthos/Prime95 the system showed Hardware failure within 1 minute, and when I runned PCSX2 the system suddenly crashed (frezzes and BSODs), now at 3.7GHz I can play without any issues and I can run Orthos/Prime95 for hours without any errors.

Check your RAM timings and Voltage, also the CPU Vcore, I think the issue could be there.

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
It seems like your GPU is overheating since it's quite on the low end.
Get GPUz and monitor your temperature, if it gets above 70C then your should either get a better cooling solution, get a better GPU, or just stop playing PCSX2.
Otherwise you will need to say good bye to that GPU and, likely, your comp...

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
70C isn't that bad for a GPU, I'd start worrying at 85~90C or so. I ran my overclocked 6800GT with stock cooler at 87C load temps during summer for several months and some older Radeon cards would get to 90C with stock cooler as well and they still worked just fine.

·
Banned
92 Posts
i have the same problem(cpu shuts down)in games like: dragon ball budokai or gungrave in pcsx2 and prince of persia for pc, well my cpu tmp is 34c and 36c, and gpu 47-57cº, i have a new voltages protection and the out is 110-120v, my cpu cage doesn´t gives electrical conduction now, memory: ddr2 512 slot 1 and slot2 1gb all thios at 667mhz, all seems be right, looks this: i can play games like final fantasy, resident evil, ghost rider in pcsx2, call of duty for pc all day and doesn´t shuts down my cpu, is very stranger..i think that will be a virus or my os is bad in somes parts...i have orthos, core temp, tat, adware, spyware protection, avg antivirus, programs that says that my hard disk is right, but i hav´nt a ddr2 checker

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
70C isn't that bad for a GPU, I'd start worrying at 85~90C or so. I ran my overclocked 6800GT with stock cooler at 87C load temps during summer for several months and some older Radeon cards would get to 90C with stock cooler as well and they still worked just fine.
Oh well, I'm just worry about heating issue since I don't really want my comp burned XP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The temp in my comp is fine O_O i got like 5 heat sinkers/fans. I'll update my graphics card to geforce 8600/8800 and hopefully it will be fixed.

·
I'm a gopher
376 Posts
Is there a solution? Will replacing my current GPU with a newer one help?
I ran prime95 and it did show there were errors. T_T
The problem with prime95 is that it only maxes the CPU, not the GPU. Combined, they could either a) overload the power supply or b) overheat.

Take a temperature probe (or thermometer) and measure the temperature of the CPU heatsink the next time it shuts down, to get a definitive measurement. If it's normal, try a better power supply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is overcloking?

I doesnt undestand anyting please tell me what i have to do.
My computer shutdown when i play over 10 min even it isnt hot i have tried fix it but it didnt work.
It happens in all games but some plugin run litlle bit longer than the other.
Please help

·
PReP - Lizard of Reason
870 Posts
Either it's hardware overheating or malfunction, a driver incompability, or something has went bonkers with your windows system.

If you can't nail down exactly what could be the culprit, drivers or software-wise, it sounds like a decent reinstall with a sensible config could be in order.
If it still freezes on a clean system - then you can rule out the software and start looking at your hardware and/or driver-support for it.

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
I doesnt undestand anyting please tell me what i have to do.
My computer shutdown when i play over 10 min even it isnt hot i have tried fix it but it didnt work.
It happens in all games but some plugin run litlle bit longer than the other.
Please help
sounds like overheated GPU card :]

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Aerials, are u using something like AI overclock?? Cause if you're using, that's the problem. AI overclocking doesn't lock the vcore/nbcore and memory voltages.
Also the FSB works in synch mode with the memories in AI mode. Make sure you're not using any kind of AI crap, or you might just burn everything there man.

I think your PC is shuting down because the Motherboard or CPU voltage is getting high when pushing the system. I never heard of a PC restarting because the GPU is overheated. If the problem was GPU it could be burned by now.

·
I'm a gopher
376 Posts
Any electrical circuit that is even remotely prone to overheating is outfitted with thermal sensors that shut it down (hopefully gracefully) before it damages itself. All modern GPUs have them, all modern motherboards have them, all peripherals that generate significant heat have them.
You better believe the CPU would notice if the GPU goes down, and would probably shut itself down to avoid catastrophic failure.

The next time it goes down, quickly pop the case open and take the temperature of both the GPU's and CPU's heatsink. Take the RAM and hard drive temp for good measure.
The heatsink temps aren't truly reflective of the processor's temps, but they are the closest you can get quickly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts