Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it doesn't happen all the time, and it hadn't happened for a while so i forgot about it. Last night I popped in this sample cd and the drive immediately started to rattle really loudly. I stopped the drive, took out the cd and started the drive again with the same cd and the rattling continued. Is this a serious problem? Once again, it hasn't happened for the longest while. The drive came w/ my compaq 7000 series.

andré

·
Registered
513 Posts
The drive itself rattles or the CD rattles within the tray? A rattling CD is often due to an unbalanced CD (a poorly made label or somesuch). If the drive itself rattles it can be the result of a loose mounting rail. If it's the latter, you can try removing your drive and checking to see if the rails are snug. If not, remove the drive completely and either tighten the screws or, failing that, try to get some new rails. Of course, this *is* Compaq we're talking about ;) I dunno if any of that could be of help to you. Good luck.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it must have been that specific cd, cuz i put in others today and didn't hear any strange sounds. thanx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts