Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used ePSXe loads of times now but I always have problems when setting Up the graphix plugins.

Im Using Windows XP (seemed to run better on 98 last time i used it)
Trying to run Pal , Resident Evil

I have a 16 (or 32bit) NVidia Vanta Grphx card
A Soundblaster Sound card
Pent3 500 MHz ( I know its slow by todays standards but its worked for epsxe previously)

In the past Ive used Petes GFx plugins, but I cant remeber which one. From memory I dont think the OpenGL plugins have worked. (why cant the plugins have a gfx test screen :(

·
Registered
654 Posts
For your graphics test, try "Run BIOS".

As for why they don't have built-in test screens...all of these emulator-related programs are gifts. The authors didn't have to write them at all. You're paying nothing for them, and now you're complaining they don't have a feature you want?

I have a question for you...if somebody gave you a horse, would you be checking the length of its teeth before accepting it?

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
good luck with that slow rig...especially now with XP on it. you can try a hardware plugin like D3D or OGL, but you might just want to try a software plugin. for sound, use Eternal lite.

(why cant the plugins have a gfx test screen)
there is one already, like dbhankins said, it's just Run BIOS. you dont even need a game or anything. what kind of test did you want anyway?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dbhankins said:
For your graphics test, try "Run BIOS".

As for why they don't have built-in test screens...all of these emulator-related programs are gifts. The authors didn't have to write them at all. You're paying nothing for them, and now you're complaining they don't have a feature you want?

I have a question for you...if somebody gave you a horse, would you be checking the length of its teeth before accepting it?

Dan
Running the Bios works fine sound 'n' all

Yes ePSXe is awsome and wonderfull that is free.
You dont have to get all philisophical about a simple 'suggestion' that would help thousands of people after theyve downloaded the program and want to set it up to play a game rather than searching the internet hours on end and posting in forums to get the answer to something thats probabally really simple (and FYI Horse handlers always checked their teeth before buying a horse, it shows something about the horse heath i forget what exactly)

Anyway back to the problem , ive just run 'dxdiag' and i have direct x9.0b, im wondering if thats the problem ( i dont think i had that installed last time i installed and configured the epsxe)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hushypushy said:
it's just Run BIOS. you dont even need a game or anything.
what kind of test did you want anyway?
Ran bios - works normally

In DxDiag it has several tests to display the graphix, if something like this were included or if a seperate program could test the plugin in a similar way it would make life easier anyway its just a suggestion I dont wanna cause an argument or a debate on life death and enlightenment.

·
Registered
654 Posts
GokuZ said:
FYI Horse handlers always checked their teeth before buying a horse, it shows something about the horse heath i forget what exactly
Which is exactly the point. I said "gave you a horse", not "sold you a horse".

I was obliquely referencing the old adage, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth".

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.