Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its pretty new but still its amazing. its like itunes but 50 times faster and without all the clutter. amazing program. try it out lemme kno wat u guys think :) its become my favorite mp3 player.

http://www.musikcube.com

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has smart playlists but im not sure what party shuffle means. but the program is great right now and its still its early stages of development. i cant wait to see what new features will be added to the next release.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
winamp people WINAMP these programs are aweful compared to plugin based programs such as winamp. it can play like 3 maybe 4 different formats wav, ogg, mp3 while my winamp can play 20+ not to mention customizability, visualition, remote control, you name it

·
band
4,912 Posts
wmp10 only starts faster because it gets prefetched by default i think....

in my opinion, foobar is better cuz : less resource usage, more customization, and faster startup.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Well, I see it can't open my iTunes library because it doesn't support AAC. It does support FLAC, though, and I have most of my music ripped in FLAC right now. I'll give it a shot and see if it's worth the pain of switching for. :p

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
I still say musicmatch kicks everyone's but....except for maybe WMP....winamp sucks if you have a huge library....

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
winamp is fine.. but its library for organizing your music files is complete garbage. and winamp uses 6 times more recources than musikcube does on my comp. and again, musikcube is still developing. so its only going to get better from here.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Winamp uses less than 15Mb total (including VM) on my machine. It's not like it's a resource hog. It's a great nice looking simple player. I've tried switching to innumerable players in the past, but nothing can replace Winamp for me. I don't want the app to have a library of every music file I have with it's tag. I just put all my music in one playlist. If your directory structure is well maintained it works fine.
I really don't see the point in these features I don't use.

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^ thats true. my music folder is actually really well organized but i just like the way you can browse through them in the musikcube library. i find it a lot easier than going thru folders and having to press the back button every time.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I just add them all to the playlist, and then if I want to listen to a certain artist, I pless CTRL+ALT+D to bring up the jump dialig, set the track I want to start listening from and then CTRL+ALT+S to toggle shuffle off

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oooo, I'll have to try this. I love the ease and organization in iTunes, plus being able to edit my tags right then and there through iTunes. This looks lovely though, can't wait til it finishes downloading!

·
Whats Up Doc!
1,232 Posts
There is another good player/organizer, wxmusik. I use this and amarok(the best software of its kind in linux now, too bad it didn't available for windows) in linux and I absolutely love it. wxMusik have linux and windows support so you should give it a try. It still in its early development phase so there are still a few small bugs in it but nothing too serious.

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
musikcube is basically an updated version of wxmusik. apparently one of the ppl that worked on wx moved on from that project and started musikcube. i dont even kno if mx is still being worked on or not.

·
Whats Up Doc!
1,232 Posts
I never realized that :lol:
It still being work on but they still didn't want to make any official release (still adding feature and fixing bugs). Maybe I should give musikcube a try to see if it suit my need. Too bad it didn't available on linux.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts