Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,401 Posts
Yeah, new vid from Mike. How come no HQ? Anyway, the japanese version was already highly playable, so having it in English makes it even better. :D

·
Emulator user since 2006
109 Posts
They could have released it on NDS too. I wonder would I get good FPS on my PC.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The soundtrack is da bomb. It would have been better if if they had more than 2 attack buttons but I'm still early on in the game so it might get deeper later.

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,401 Posts
Runs fullspeed most of the time. I'm happy to report savestates work fine. Such a relief during those uber-long boss battles. :D

They could have released it on NDS too. I wonder would I get good FPS on my PC.
When my GF9800GT was sent back to the factory, the loaner card they gave me, a GF7200, gave about 20-30 fps ingame. So I'd say with your settings, it'd be much worse than that. :(

·
Registered
281 Posts
Super slick! Ever since I played Odin Sphere for the first time recently, I've been waiting to get my hands on this game.

Nice Mike

·
Gaming Sensei
211 Posts
Credits go to neo_silentchaos on the official Dolphin forum for this;

This may be my first post here but I offer something you guys might find useful! An ending fix for the English version!

I felt depraved not seeing the ending and not being able continue with the other stories, so I decided to debug it myself. Having a bit of background with assembly language (but never PPC), I tried to make AyuanX's patch work with the US release. Without a Japanese version with me to compare the code with, it took me some time to figure out what values have to be changed from the patch. After some trial and error (and a few hours), I finally got it to work!

Again, this is simply a rework of AyuanX's patch, changing the hex values to what they should be on the US version. I've only tested this with Momo-hime's first ending, but as with the old patch, it should work fine for the others.

Just add this to your User\GameConfig\RSFE7U.ini

[OnFrame] Add memory patches to be applied every frame here.
+$<Pond Scene Hangup Hack>
0x8005B690:dword:0x48000190

Let the credits roll and enjoy!
To actually GET the RSFE7U.ini file, just rightclick the game in the Dolphin list, choose Properties, then click "Edit Config"

Paste the patch code in, save and exit. Done.

:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Muramasa is fully playable...... YES.... but.... at the end of the last battle and after the last spoke with the characters the game hang. Precisely: the graphic is correct and go on, the writings stop at the first line and you can't save or do anything else. ( when the game finish and the credits show on there must be something not emulated yet... I think... because same problem for me in SMG and Pikmin2 GC.)

Saving after the outro movie is important (for a lot of things like a new blade....) I don't want to write spoilers for the game.... but is important.

·
Gaming Sensei
211 Posts
Did you even read the post above, mate? The patch fixes that crash.

·
Gaming Sensei
211 Posts
No probs! Glad I could help relay a fix - and, again, all credit goes to neo_silentchaos for actually fixing it! Now we can play, and finish, this awesome game ^_^

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.