Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that alot of games that use 5558 xdk don't work because they use multisapmle 0x00000011 which is not supported. Is there a big deal about this one in particular? This is the only one Cxbx seems to complain about.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MoleTheImp said:
Are you serious with this sort of questions ? Do you need the answer in .pdf ?
Yes, dead serious. This question was primarily aimed at caustik, kingofc, or shadow_tj.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Multisample is not the only problem in that xdk serie.. also lots of games uses KSettimer.
and also the D3DFMT_P8 is an unsupported texture format :(

so lots of work needs to be done :)
the D3DFMT_P8 has already be used in xdk 4361..

so the best advice, stay close to the 4627 xdk.. its the only one who has proven itself

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shadow_tj said:
Multisample is not the only problem in that xdk serie.. also lots of games uses KSettimer.
and also the D3DFMT_P8 is an unsupported texture format :(

so lots of work needs to be done :)
the D3DFMT_P8 has already be used in xdk 4361..

so the best advice, stay close to the 4627 xdk.. its the only one who has proven itself
D3DFMT_P8 is the one thing that stops Bochs from working (built with 4361). I would use 4627 or 4361 instead but I don't have fast internet at home, my college can't allow p2p programs because they cause too much traffic. And I don't have any friends that I can visit that have fast internet, yet. 5849 was givin to me by a friend.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You mean your friend at MS....

blueshogun96 said:
D3DFMT_P8 is the one thing that stops Bochs from working (built with 4361). I would use 4627 or 4361 instead but I don't have fast internet at home, my college can't allow p2p programs because they cause too much traffic. And I don't have any friends that I can visit that have fast internet, yet. 5849 was givin to me by a friend.
Of course by friend, you mean, your supplier at MS xbox department, because acquiring an XDK from any place other than MS to develop an xbox title, would be using pirated software and would go against the rules of the forum.

TirEoghainAbu

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
TirEoghainAbu said:
Of course by friend, you mean, your supplier at MS xbox department, because acquiring an XDK from any place other than MS to develop an xbox title, would be using pirated software and would go against the rules of the forum.

TirEoghainAbu
That's right :thumb:

And sorry about... you know :(

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
proger said:
Hmmm.... is the bochs xbox source code avilable? i got the 4627 xdk,
I don't think so. :( If it were, then I'd fix the problems which stop it from running. Anyway, if your good enough, you can get the bochs win32 src and do a new port :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts