Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a total idiot right now. After trying for a whole day, I have finally managed to get my two video cards to co-exist. I have a Kyro that I want to use for most PC games, whether they are D3D or OpenGL, and I have a TNT that I want to use for ePSXe. There's just one problem. I can't figure out how to select which video card I want to use.

I am running:
Celeron 600
384MB SDRAM
Windows XP Professional
32MB Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT XP driver 9.0031
16MB Diamond Viper V550 XP driver 14.01
Directx 8.1

I would appreciate any help from someone who has two cards running together, and is able to pick which card is to be used for which games.

· Premium Member
8,592 Posts
I use to have 2 video cards on my old system.. An onboard agp trident video card(sucks) and a pci voodoo 3.. There was an option in the display properties to choose between two monitors.. One being connected to the voodoo 3 pci and one on the trident.. You can also enable both of em at the same time but you need two monitors.. Unless you want to switch the monitor courd between the two cards.. In the future, I would like to have a voodoo 5 pci and some type of geforce card on the agp.. I heard that lewpy uses a voodoo5 pci and a geforce card together.. As long as the video cards arent' the same they should be ok.. I was also able to use glide through the trident card..

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Originally posted by Ninja
I feel like a total idiot right now. After trying for a whole day, I have finally managed to get my two video cards to co-exist. I have a Kyro that I want to use for most PC games, whether they are D3D or OpenGL, and I have a TNT that I want to use for ePSXe. There's just one problem. I can't figure out how to select which video card I want to use.

I am running:
Celeron 600
384MB SDRAM
Windows XP Professional
32MB Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT XP driver 9.0031
16MB Diamond Viper V550 XP driver 14.01
Directx 8.1

I would appreciate any help from someone who has two cards running together, and is able to pick which card is to be used for which games.
Most D3D games have a "Select Device" option for you to select which card you want to use. Pete's Soft and Pete's D3D have this option inside their config window also.

· Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Originally posted by Nezzar
Voodoo5 on a pci-slot? Wouldn't this slowdown the voodoo5?
Not by much.. Check out the voodoo 5 agp and voodoo 5 pci comparison at www.anandtech.com and check the benchmarks.. They are nearly neck and neck.. AGp isn't really useful on the voodoo5's..

· Registered
9,992 Posts
I vaguely recall some kind of switch box that was/is available that enables 2 computers to use the same monitor. If you used one of these you could hook up your monitor to the 2 video cards and flick between them.

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
I have a Voodoo2(it's my secondary video card) and I can use OpenGL with it(although very slow, cause voodoos are horrible with OpenGL). But in order to do it, I have to use a small trick, and I think that it only works with Voodoo(secondary) cards. The trick is to copy 3dfx's opengl file and rename it at the folder of the program that will use OpenGL, but I'm sure that's only available with Voodoo cards.

· Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Originally posted by Zephon
I have a Voodoo2(it's my secondary video card) and I can use OpenGL with it(although very slow, cause voodoos are horrible with OpenGL). But in order to do it, I have to use a small trick, and I think that it only works with Voodoo(secondary) cards. The trick is to copy 3dfx's opengl file and rename it at the folder of the program that will use OpenGL, but I'm sure that's only available with Voodoo cards.
Yeah, Voodoo 2 cards use mini-GL, which must be tucked into the game folder for it to work. I don't think it'll work with any other card.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.