Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Funny that you decide to put the project on hold right after(or even before?) even releasing it to the public.

I still believe that your efforts would be better spent by giving a helping hand to said open source emulators(if you aren't already, that is. I haven't been following handheld emulation in quite a while).

Regardless, good luck with whatever project you decide to go after next, Mud.

PS. I'd avoid sentences like the following, as those are the ones that got you into fights in the first place. "Needless to say, I am not impressed. Its about time I do something, to prove them how to do it right."

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Hey Mud.

I would really like if you could do it on desmume.

My max vertical res is 768, so I would really benefit and I think some other users too, if somebody implemented a hack or something to desmume to display the windows side by side instead of one on top of the other like normal.
That way I could implement the filters without the windows getting too big for my screen size.

What do you think of the difficulty of this?

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Funny that you decide to put the project on hold right after(or even before?) even releasing it to the public.

I still believe that your efforts would be better spent by giving a helping hand to said open source emulators(if you aren't already, that is. I haven't been following handheld emulation in quite a while).

PS. I'd avoid sentences like the following, as those are the ones that got you into fights in the first place. "Needless to say, I am not impressed. Its about time I do something, to prove them how to do it right."
I stand by what I said.

And I have been: VBA for the most part.

I believe those emulators have the brightest future. No$GBA is essentially dead, its accuracy is laughable, and these zoomers are nothing but bandaid fixes.

And doing hacks by code injection is completely and utterly wrong. Thats why it is on hold: I realise I can't set double standards.

Hey Mud.

I would really like if you could do it on desmume.

My max vertical res is 768, so I would really benefit and I think some other users too, if somebody implemented a hack or something to desmume to display the windows side by side instead of one on top of the other like normal.
That way I could implement the filters without the windows getting too big for my screen size.

What do you think of the difficulty of this?

Hacks are bad, so no. Ask the devs to do it properly.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Among other things it's my fault that he stopped working on it so soon, cuz of the talks we had about what No$Zoomer and NGZoom actually do, compared to what he thought they did (core fixes VS bandaid renderer code injection hacks) so you can blame me this project went dormant before it even started rather than him.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

i lolled.

....mudlord doesn't agree with desmumes styles,... relying on powerful hardware rather then using hardware optimisation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.