Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hmmm, this is weird, my msn isn't taking input from from my microphone, it takes the audio playing on the PC instead. So when I am playing a song, the other side can hear it clearly, but they can't hear my voice. The mic isn't broken as I can hear my own voice from the speaker when I talked into it. I tried to unplug the mic and my friend still can hear the song playing. It happens when I was using MSN6.2, and I upgraded to MSN 7.0 Beta a while ago but it doesn't do any help. Any idea on what goes wrong?

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Have you tried going through the audio/video wizard again? The input might be set to something other than the microphone. Sounds picked up by your microphone will be played through your speakers regardless of what MSN is set to.

·
Registered
209 Posts
if you want to be sure, go to sounds and multimedia in your control panel, go to the audio tab and then click volume for sound recording device, there you can see what device is currently used as input device for your computer.

After that you can test your mic/input using the sound recorder that came with windows.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Go to Volume Control (All Programs>accessories>entertainment>volume control) and go to recording control (Options>Properties>Recording) and check which devices are being used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts