Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

after using my pc for nearly 2 mounths, I notice my IE6 dont open ANY web pager, its just white, if i write google.com nothing came up(iam useing FF),

BUT the 64bit version of IE6(it came with winxppro x64) works nicely,but I still need the regular one(32bit) Because thing like MSN space and update news and Store in Steam dont works :(

So Is there anyway to just fix/reinstall ONLY IE6 not the whole system ?

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
please do yourself a favor and install firefox.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
did you try running windows update with the 64 bit version and update the 32 bit one? don't know if it's possible :X

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ChankastRules said:
did you try running windows update with the 64 bit version and update the 32 bit one? don't know if it's possible :X
64bit dont works with windows update. it comes a message that says that I have to start the 32bit one, when it runs it automaticly. then the 32bit one dones nothing, just white page..........

isnt there a way to reinstall only IE6......

EDIT: IT WORKS NOW FINALLY...I just Restored my system with this restore thig that came with winxp, I restored before itunes5, journalviewer, DVDmate and some other programs....

/me wounders what program that broke IE6?'

Thanks Very much,

/me like this community very much :D

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
IE error??! There's only 1 answer --- please do yourself a favor and install firefox!! :lol:

Something similar happened to me on Win98 too, but only with some pages, so I just used firefox for these few pages.
Next time you can try creating a new user account so you get a new registry. It fixes stuff sometimes.
Also, you can try ERUNT http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt It's better than system restore IMO. Most of the time you only need to restore registry anyway.

·
Registered
378 Posts
i know quite a few people who have had nothing but bad luck with Itunes5, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.