Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mplayerc and the latest K-lite codec pack installed. I load up a 1080p movie and it looks pixilated to me. And seems blurry too. Idk if my ffd video decoder is running while playing the movie though... I load a movie and the ffdshow audio decoder shows up in the task bar, but not the ffdshow video decoder. Is it supposed to? I'm pretty sure I it didn't look like this when I had it previously installed. Yet I didn't do anything special last time. Yes I googled, for settings, couldn't really find any. But I'm just not sure if the video decoder is working with my mkv videos.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
Media Player Classic: Homecinema + CCCP = Epic Win.

If the ffdshow video icon doesn't show up, then mplayerc is decoding the video. There may be some settings to disable it, but I'm not sure. I stopped using mplayer long ago.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Video => Options => Internal Filters, and then you can disable them for FFDshow to be used instead.

But still, I've got no need for FFDShow with MPC-HC. Although I usually just use Windows Media Player 12.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok I'll give this MPC-HC a try in like 5min i'll test it. Well I have it installed, don't really see a difference though. It still looks pixilated and blurry. its a 1080p batman dark knight, so I'm sure it shouldn't be like that lol.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get this message when I try to play the MKV in WMP. "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." As for the filters used during it, idk. Lol. Want to help me figure out how to know which filter is being used :p? Also is WMP better or same quality as MPC-HC?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
You need an MKV splitter installed.

Just to make sure, you do have you GPU drivers installed, right? (and not the ones from Windows Update) I ask this because MPC:HC defaults to deblocking, deringing, and smoothing turned on. In other words, it shouldn't be blocky with the default install settings.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah I have my nvidia drivers installed. Not the latest drivers, but pretty close to the latest. Haven't gotten around to installing the latest. But if I messed with nvidias control panel movie settings and color settings cold that be the proble? Allthough I put them back to default.
Edit: WMP didn't support MKV because I uninstalled cccp before I tried it lol. (pressing alt and numpad keys screws with the angles. whoops)
Yeah regular WMP looks pretty fine. No need to help me with settings for the mpc. I'm sure if I mvoed back a couple feet too it would make the pixilation look much better. Thanks. It actually seems like it works better now. It must have been the nvidia settings I had before I installed the cccp. It's all better now, and made other videos that lookedl ike crap, look much better.

·
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
2,058 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VLC clearly isn't as good as the other visually.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I use to use VLC media player. I liked it because you could play folders of movies and it would randomize them. But now thanks to the posters on this thread, WMP is just as good at that but also visually better.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
I installed CCCP here, and it already comes with MPC HC.
Never had problems with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.