Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
10,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a few of you know that I am moving to the US to study, live and work as a "PR" (Permanent Resident) in about a week, I plan to ditch my PC here and build a new one with help from my cousins who are already there by having them buy the stuff before I arrive what do you think of such a setup?

Processor:AMD Athlon 64 3500+, Ram:CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB Dual Channel Kit System Memory, Motherboard:ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, Graphics:ASUS Geforce 7800GT, Optical Drive:LITE-ON Black DVD Burner Model, Case:COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 Black

It will also be running WindowsXP 64Bit edition, I will be bringing a 80 GB harddrive preformatted with 5 GB for windows and the rest is my files along to use in that computer

What do you think about that? I am working around a budget of $1000 based on the highest prices found on pricewatch just to be safe

· Registered
608 Posts
You can just build your prices around newegg.com, zipzoomfly.com, and monarchcomputer.com, some of the most reliable retailers in the states and your plan (at least price-wise), should be pretty solid. Maybe add a 8% tax just in case you happen to reside in states where they have presence.

· Knowledge is the solution
7,484 Posts
*cough* Akihabara *cough* .p

... well, at least for 2nd hand equipment (and for the Japanese second hand equipment is like 1 month old) you can't find anywhere better... or so they say

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Invalid Item
This listing (6825781796) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.

If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction canceled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs.
So much for the Ebay laptop :p

I just want to say good luck on your journey PlayerX, and hope to see you online soon from the states ;)

· Banned
10,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In less than 48 hours I will be on my way to Houston, but first I will need to stop by one day in Singapore after that to stop by an hour in Tokyo, after that it's non stop to LAX then book a flight to Houston form my uncle's house in LA and pick up the PC hardware (Note: the ASUS 7800GT is out of stock so I ordered a XFX 6800GT 256MB)
and after a few days off I go to spend Chrismas in Texas with mu other cousins

· Banned
10,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will be in an airplane headding for Singapore in about 2 hours, everything is packed up and I proably won't be comming back to Malaysia, I will see you guys when I arrive in Singapore, times like this makes me glad that I have a laptop

· NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
Good Luck Player-X I wish you all the best in the US!

*cough* Akihabara *cough* .p

... well, at least for 2nd hand equipment (and for the Japanese second hand equipment is like 1 month old) you can't find anywhere better... or so they say
Yes I love it there.. I even get a cheaper price for bringing my passport, there are two big problems though. Many things I buy there won't work well in Sweden at least not without adapters, and secondly I can't get any warranty.... but I love hanging around there anyway each time I go to Japan :p

· Ocean Soul
1,464 Posts
I just want to let you know that I had the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium for about 3 days, my system just wasn't running well with x64, I didn't try 32 bit version. I heard that they have trouble with audgy 2 card, so that could have been my problem. That or my x800pro card. I heard that it's a great board if you get it to work. I really wish I could get mine to work because of all the features it had. Well have a nice trip, welcome to the US, some of us are good person...haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.