Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes you heard me right,any movie that has made you jump from fear,joy or just to get out the damn door before the movie kills you from sucking so bad state it here.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
The Time Machine almost made me get out of the movie theater. I was very angry because they had changed almost the whole story of the book.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
haha
In all seriousness..there has been one movie that actually made us jump. Not so much from fear, but simply because it caught us off guard.

It was a scene from the movie Jacob's Ladder

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
hmm, not too many movies make me jump, modern cinma makes it too easy to spot when something is going to jump out at you so you can prepare yourself for it. I've seen ALOT of horror films, in fact thats my favorite genre, but no movie since i was 7 (first time i saw friday the 13th) has ever made me jump or made me uncomfortable. Horrible movie to watch when your 7, thought jason was hiding in the dark corners of my basement until i was 10 :p so i'de always run wheneve ri had to do laundry down there.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I love to be scared by horror movies, the only ones I can ever really remember getting to me (i.e. nightmares and such) were the Child's Play when I was a kid, and In the Mouth of Madness.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
CD said:
I love to be scared by horror movies, the only ones I can ever really remember getting to me (i.e. nightmares and such) were the Child's Play when I was a kid, and In the Mouth of Madness.
childs play doesnt scare me, that doll isn't scary, its those little girly dolls in the red dresses that freak me out :p. or the kid from pet semetary.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Dark Watcher said:
haha
In all seriousness..there has been one movie that actually made us jump. Not so much from fear, but simply because it caught us off guard.

It was a scene from the movie Jacob's Ladder
I remember the scene that you mentioned... I guess if I'd watched Jacob's Ladder a few years ago I would be more affected by it (even though I found it to be a pretty good movie).

But I'm just like N1ghtw0lf. Movies today rarely surprise me at all.

·
Banned
356 Posts
movies these days are usually like past movies so there is nothing new to jump about.
I jump everytime I see a movie that is totally original which is rarely ever these days.

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
I've never left any movie in the middle. But I was about to do in :

1) The exorcist (And I mean the very old one). I was watching it with a friend at my house and we closed the lights for extra horror factor :p . That thing was too much for me, that it was hard to enter the bathroom alone for a week or two (j/k ;) )

2) House of wax : That movie was one of the worst titles I've ever seen. I was about to cry in the theater because I paid for the ticket. I mean I figured out the whole point after the first 40/50 minutes of the movie. It's so ughh :( .

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
What made you buy the ticket in the first place? But I know how you feel, back in 4th grade I read a clue book and figured it all out by page 40...oh, it was Mr. Green.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
cloudvii said:
I've never left any movie in the middle. But I was about to do in :

1) The exorcist (And I mean the very old one). I was watching it with a friend at my house and we closed the lights for extra horror factor :p . That thing was too much for me, that it was hard to enter the bathroom alone for a week or two (j/k ;) )

2) House of wax : That movie was one of the worst titles I've ever seen. I was about to cry in the theater because I paid for the ticket. I mean I figured out the whole point after the first 40/50 minutes of the movie. It's so ughh :( .
never really understood what was so "holy crap!" about the exorcist. i could understand the religious groups getting mad when it was originally released, but i saw that movie when i was 9 and it didn't really have any effect on me, sure she had some intense projectile vomit, turn her head like like an owl, and walk crab-style down the stairs, but hell, just didn't seem all that scary or interesting to me

and house of wax...oh my...never saw it, never intend to.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
Hmmm, there are several: Dark Water, Ju-On The Grudge and the most frightening was "The Eye". I watched it alone in darkness, with phones on my ears. ****, in one moment I even threw them away and screamed!

·
I'll tear your soul apart
84 Posts
the ring
i'm still a bit cautios when i walk by my tv o_O

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Hyuga said:
Hmmm, there are several: Dark Water, Ju-On The Grudge and the most frightening was "The Eye". I watched it alone in darkness, with phones on my ears. ****, in one moment I even threw them away and screamed!
i rented the eye and then realized it was subtitled and im just too damn lazy to read, so i never watched it :p

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
N1ghtw0lf said:
i rented the eye and then realized it was subtitled and im just too damn lazy to read, so i never watched it :p
Belive me, it's worth your efforts ;) I had to read too, I don't speak Mandarin :/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts