Next Generation Emulation banner

681 - 700 of 760 Posts

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
Wowza ! New Ghostbusters movie announced for 2020. And it's a sequel to the original ones, not to the goddawful reboot of 2016. That's Jason Reitman, the son of Ivan Reitman who directed the first two, that will direct this one. Here is the first teaser:

·
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #686
Some "news" about the latest Terminator. Arnold is confirmed back as the T-800. Doesn't mean it will be right, seeing the mess "Terminator: Genisys" was. And also RIP, Andrew Vajna. He was the producer behind Rambo and Terminator 2, and the co-founder of the defunct production company Carolco Pictures.

·
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #687
He is back. However, exit the voodoo thing and the serial killer soul. Now, he is a full fledged A.I. Well, I hope they kept it swearing.

·
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #690
Oh well. I don't think we'll see any sequel of Battle Angel Alita. It seems to bomb at the box office ( https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=alita.htm ). The plebs don't deserve good things.

That thumbnail is horrifying.

I don't think they needed to go so realistic on the Pokémon. Lickitung is disgusting.

From what I've seen, I'm not so sure about whether I have faith in the movie. The humour seems a bit flat to me.
I first thought "WTF is that ? WTH horror writers/designers are thinking nowadays ?" then I saw "Pokemon". But I'm more freaked out by the fact you know the name of the Pokemon on the thumbnail. Really.

More seriously, the trend of making anime characters realistic is pretty stupid IMO. Look what they did with Sonic. Why not going "Space Jam" or "Roger Rabbit" again ? They were fantastic movies and they succeeded to mix real people with cartoons pretty well, IMO.

·
Thiccachu (Chubbychu AKA Pikachu-bby/Pikachu-BBW)
3,678 Posts
But I'm more freaked out by the fact you know the name of the Pokemon on the thumbnail. Really.
I was (am?) a huge Pokemon fan. At least up until Gen IV, and then I pretty much let them roam free. The first generation though? I can NEVER forget any of their names because I grew up with them.

Generation I, I dare say, have very iconic designs that are remembered fondly by a lot of people.
Absolutely. The best generation, man. It just went downhill from there. Slowly, but once it got to 3/4, it just sped up.

More seriously, the trend of making anime characters realistic is pretty stupid IMO. Look what they did with Sonic. Why not going "Space Jam" or "Roger Rabbit" again ? They were fantastic movies and they succeeded to mix real people with cartoons pretty well, IMO.
It is stupid. I don't get why you have to integrate them so hard into our worlds. We know they're not real, you don't have to trcik us into thinking they are. People like them because they're cute, not because they look like creatures from hell.

681 - 700 of 760 Posts