Next Generation Emulation banner

movies don't work

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Adair 
#1 ·
i'm having a problem getting movies to work in epsxe.

i'm using a tnt2 card.. and when i tried expse the first time (version 1.01 or something like that) it worked fine. but it throws garbage on the screen now when i get to a point in the game where it requires movies. the game i am playing now is chrono cross (sorry guys). i get audio, but the screen is just filled with artifacts and stuff.

can anyone help? is there some option i haven't clicked on to enable them? or some configuration that i need? i tried default settings, trying both cdrom and iso. and it still doesn't work.

help!
thanks in advance. :emb:

#4 ·
1. Use epsxe executor and enable mdecs and mdec timing in the options.

2. Check the epsxe registry and make sure the mdecs are turned on. My epsxe mdec registry is set to "1" and all the mdecs work fine.

3. I have heard that using savestates causes mdec problems. So don't use them too often.

#9 ·
Well if it is your cd rom, then you may need to update the firmware for your cdrom drives.. Goto your hardware manufacturers website and look for them..

One other thing to check is:

sio irq
spu irq

enable both and see if that helps. If it is your cd rom then how come you can't see them even when you play off your Hd using isos? Its not using your cd rom drive anymore when you run an iso. You can also check if DMA is enabled on your cd rom drives.. If Dma is disabled, enable it.. If its enabled, disable it..

The last resort would be to erase the whole epsxe registry and run epsxe again and configure it..

#11 · (Edited)
in the config sound options and the options menu.. I think kairi00 was saying to turn it not to "OFF" not turn it to "OFF".. Turn offscreen drawing the something other than "OFF"..

Oh and if you are talking about the cd rom DMA options... goto the start menu, settings, control panel, system, device manager, then check the cd rom properties to check for DMA settings..

#13 ·
Make an iso using either isobuster or cdrwin and use that via the run iso option. That will eliminate the use for the cdrom. If this works you can safely say that the cd rom is the problem and we can look closer at that. If not then the cdrom is eliminated as the cause of the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.