Next Generation Emulation banner

movie lock-ups, playback problems.

995 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Revo Emag 
#1 ·
hello. video performance is pretty bad on my system with PSX emulators. seems to be the same way on bleem and VGS. horribly stilted, sluggish videos, and it causes lock-ups. the lock-ups are the real pain in the butt because they always happen the same, I can't get around them, and then I can't play the game. For instance in SOTN, if I let the intro logo play out it locks up. I can press start and get past it, and then play the whole game, but at the point of beating Richter (or shaft) there's a movie that has to play, and it reaches a point and just locks. now I can't get to the second castle and have pretty much wasted my time. I could probably find a save state somewhere, but that's not the point, I want to be able to play games.

my system specs are PII 266, 192mb, 8 gig hdd (rather abused), 50x simpleton brand CD-ROM, STB Velocity 128 card, and Voodoo II card

Any ideas whatsoever about what I can do to fix this problem?

#3 ·
Or you could try...

Hmmmm,

No offense but you have 192 MB of RAM in a PII 266. I know RAM is cheap right now but that's just unneccesary. Sorry I don't know what's causing your problem but I suspect it's bottlenecking. Either upgrade or buy a PSX, if that locks up you can always take it back to the store.He He.

-RE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.