Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to get a Socket-A board because my old nf2 one (a7n8x-LA oO, seems to be modified for Compaq's) is kind of crappy... although it has integrated gf4 mx440

Looking at some via kt880 boards and it seems to support auto fan speed adjustment but it's not mentioned on VIA's website. Are features like these built into the chipset, meaning all boards with this chipset will have these features, or can they be added/disabled by the board manufacturers?

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the chipset for socket-a http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/k7-series/kt880/
Maybe socket-a isn't TOO dying :D

I'm looking for a socket a because the old one doesn't work too well with my Bytecc external enclosure (had to wait ten minutes or files are read as corrupted, although they are not) and the BIOS is locked oO Can barely change anything...
I'm also looking at athlon 64 but the processors are too expensive. Since the most "advanced" game I play is CS so it shouldn't matter :lol:

Anyway, MSI's KT600 boards supports fan speed adjustment, but Asus's doesn't (at least not mentioned on its website). Does this mean MSI added the feature or Asus disabled it? Does fan speed adjustment depend on the board or chipset?

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Well, if i were u, i would get a MOBO with Nforce2 chipset, like A7N8x-x/Deluxe.
Its way better than KT600, and the deluxe supports dual channel and other freatures.
Im saying this coz i had a A7V8x-x and A7N8x-x, and the Nforce2 chipset is better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.