Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mother indicted for hiring stripper for son's birthday party
NASHVILLE (AP) — A mother faces criminal charges after she hired a stripper to dance at her 16-year-old son's birthday party.
Anette Pharris, 34, has been indicted by a grand jury on charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and involving a minor in obscene acts. The boy's father, the stripper and two others also face charges.

"I tried to do something special for my son," Pharris said. "It didn't harm him."

About 10 people under the age of 18 were at the birthday party in September, including minors who were not related to the family, authorities said.

Police spokesman Don Aaron said minors are not permitted in adult establishments.

"A person shouldn't be allowed to circumvent that law by hiring a stripper, a lady who took all her clothes off and spent a good amount of time dancing around minors," he said.

Anette Pharris took photos at the party and tried to have them developed at a nearby drug store. Drug store employees notified authorities, police said.

"Who are they to tell me what I can and can't show to my own children?" the mother said.
What a good mother :p

·
Registered
774 Posts
Wow, what a load of crap. First of all, are they really so naive that they think the average 16 year old doesn't already know what a naked girl looks like? Hell, most 16 year olds have already had sex. So that's ok and this isn't? Secondly, this is yet another example of arbitrary morals being forced on people who have should have no obligation to feel that way. The only issue may be that in all likelyhood most of the kids attending the party didn't tell their parents about the stripper, but even then I don't think anything ththat happened should be punishable by law.

Personally, I think that sexuality is one place the law shouldn't be sticking it's nose in. As far as I'm concerned, as long as no one's getting hurt, it shouldn't be illegal. I especially dislike the laws about public nudity. Man, going to the beach would be so much more fun if... Err.. anyway, I think that mom should be looked at as a hero rather than a criminal.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
That's one hell of a damn cool mother:),i congratulate late her for this and think they should leave her the hell alone.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
that's ****ing awesome. i wish i got this. Did the stripper turn them in?

dukenukem said:
That's one hell of a damn cool mother:),i congratulate late her for this and think they should leave her the hell alone.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I've to agree with __Xzyx987X. Except perhaps for the public nudity part. I'm not sure I want to see a bunch of naked people walking in the streets... or maybe this is just my yuck factor talking :p

BTW, go Anette :thumb:

(And the drugstore dudes who notified the authorities are a**holes)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Oh sure, for every hot girl walking around there would be 100 ugly people. But for that one hot girl, I still stay it's worth it :D.

·
Moo.
455 Posts
*sigh*

First Amendment rights have to be limited and unlimited at the same time, and that's problem with it.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
What ever happends in their home happends, the should not interfear. I dont think I would want my mom hiring a stripper for me... it just seems a little akward.
Anette Pharris took photos at the party and tried to have them developed at a nearby drug store. Drug store employees notified authorities, police said
WTF, dont they have some sort of confidentiality or something? That pisses me off probbibly more than the other screwed up parts. Too bad they dident use a digital camera, it would have saved them alot of trubble.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so do you, you can use the shift key a little less it almost looked like you were yelling
I wonder why is it people are so afraid of someone else seeing a little more skin

·
Registered
72 Posts
yes, I see how the laughter at the beginning implied that. Thanks for pointing it out, I'm really sorry. NEXT time I'LL learn HOW to BETTER express MY emotions, thanks.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmm..
OK..a mother should be entitled to raise her own child provided she is providing a good upbringing. It is true that many of you young wipper snappers have seen more nudity then most care to know, but this mother has stepped over boundaries. Heck..if she wants to feed the sexual nature of her 16 year old son, and give him an unrealistic view of woman (or contribute to the climbing rates of teen pregnancy) that is her buisness. However, she was not only contributing to the deliquency of her own son, but to other youngsters that are not her kids.
Maybe DW is still OLD SKOOL, but we believe she got what she deserved.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'll agree with DW. Once you bring certain things upon other people's kids, you've overstepped your bounds, especially on a topic as volatile as sexuality.

·
Registered
907 Posts
i dont know in my opinion the penality is not appropriate, but i´m from germany not from prude us :p
;)
cya Shin Gouki

·
Registered
89 Posts
so much for showing love to your 16yrs old son, don't they know how horny boys that age get. the mother did nothing wrong than just act as a loving mother, shame on the law. besides kids over puberty understand these things especially nowadays.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts