Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. I new. I've been using the commercial version of Bleem since 2000, but decided to try PCSX instead since 1. it's free and 2. it has a HLE BIOS built-in without the need to go buy a PSX console to be legally eligible to use a Sony PSX BIOS or having to throw $30 on Amazon.com for the even more outdated Virtual Game Station. Anyway, I have PCSX version 1.5 for Windows and I'm pretty impressed but I understand it's been a discontinued project for a while. I've seen Mac versions floating around and maybe those versions are still supported, but I'm wondering what version is the absolute latest (beta releases included) for Windows?

I also have a question regarding FF9. I looked back on the history of this forum and noticed many users experienced the emu crash during the FMV Dali ship scene. But I saw a post about a fix (or a hack rather) for that issue here. Has anyone tried this, recompiled, and been successful?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The op of that post did obviously.
Well obviously besides him. And if obviously it was successful, someone would've replaced the appropriate code in the beta source by now.

Basically I was asking if anyone else would try it and if successful maybe put this edited source file with the source code, recompile, and put and end to this single game crash that seems to be dominating the forum...hence the reason I asked for the latest beta version. -_-

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i put out a notice a week or so ago for developers being wanted for a PCSX revival

however only 1 person has been interested in it and downloaded the source.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have a strong coding background particularly in C/C++ and java and if I wasnt going into my final semester and had the time to understand how console emus works, I'd be up for it. Do you know where the latest source code is though? So I could try the FF9 fix and report on it?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
First entry if you search google for pcsx :p
But yeah, pcsx2's IOP recompiler is taken directly from pcsx.
So if someone wants to continue pcsx that'd be helping 2 emus at once :D

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
....i didn't find it, i created it nearly 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
....i didn't find it, i created it nearly 2 weeks ago.
I see.
So good luck with finding people that want to help and improve that emu :)

If you want you can always look at pcsx2's ir3000a.cpp, which is basically the same recompiler.
I bet we have some fixes for it which aren't yet in PCSX.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts