Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sword of the King™
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may know Mortal Kombat Trilogy has some problems with most of video plug ins.

I can't get the game to work properly.It always laggs, the screen flickers and the sound is crap.

What are the best plug ins for Mortal Kombat Trilogy and the best settings.And also , what is the best emulator for MK Trilogy, is it Project64 or 1964 or ... ??

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Try using 1964 0.9.9 with Rice's Video 5.6.0. That's the best combination for MK Trilogy. Turn the volume up since the sound is very quiet for some reason... Even then you'll probably be forced to turn on frameskip as well.

To be honest, the N64 version of this game is very bad, coupled with the fact it is also very badly emulated. You'll be much happier with the PSX version that has much better music, has less system requirements, more characters and less glitches.

·
Sword of the King™
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that the PSX version is mutch better, but the N64 version is smaller in size (12 MB).I'm on 56k and therefore I downloaded the N64 rom.

Btw, here are my specs:
Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
256 RDRAM
nVidia GeForce 2 MX/MX 64 MB
Creative SoundBlaster Audio PCI 128

Maybe the game doesen't run well because of my hardware ??!? Also it crashes after alsmost every match, when it says "Scorpion Wins" , for example.

Sooo frustrated :( I love MK but can't play it

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
There is nothing really bad about your handware, it's just that the game is poorly emulated. It runs like a slug on my computer as well. You can pick up the PSX version for £5 or less pre-owned, stick that in your drive and run ePSXe, that is the only good recommendation I can give, you won't have much luck with the game on N64.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mortal Kombat Trilogy for N64 is very bad. Its missing loads of animation frames compared to other versions. Combined with emulation problems, the N64 is the wrong way to play this game on the PC.

MKT for Playstation is MUCH better in both game quality and emulation quality. Its only real downside is longer than usual load times.

The best way to play MKT on PC is to use MAME combined with Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Sure you can't play the bosses, but you get 100% arcade speed with 0 load times.

My 2sense

Smak

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
i have PC version :p that takes care of the problem. like Clements says, your probably better off and find yourself a PSX version. dont be scared to take out your wallet if the game means so much to you. by the way, NGEmu doesnt support piracy, please try not to say you downloaded the game :p

·
Sword of the King™
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The best way to play MKT on PC is to use MAME combined with Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Sure you can't play the bosses, but you get 100% arcade speed with 0 load times
Tell me more ?? Where can I get that ?

have PC version :p that takes care of the problem
What ?? there's a PC version of MKT ??? realy ??

·
Sword of the King™
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So what's the best version to get now ? PSX, MAME or PC version. ???

Which one has the best sound, best graphics and the most characters ?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
mk trilogy for psx and pc has the most characters,the mk games for mame are the actual arcade versions so i would say get the psc mktrilogy and then also get the mkgames for mame since they are the arcade versions:).

·
Sword of the King™
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK.But the PSX MK:T is hard to find ;) Anyway, i?ll get it somehow

And for the MAME version, I got "umk3.zip" (6 MB) but when I load it in MAME32 many files are missing :( I have read somewhere that I also need the "mk3" file (19 MB).That means that umk3.zip is actualy and add-on to mk3.zip !?!?!? ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep you would need the mk3.zip to go along with it. If possible, try to obtain all the mk3 derivative roms.

Smak

·
Registered
6 Posts
Derivative Roms isn't any official term, Its just one I came up with.

If you can, get any roms with MK3 as part of the name.

Thats all I meant.

Smakdude

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try using 1964 0.9.9 with Rice's Video 5.6.0. That's the best combination for MK Trilogy. Turn the volume up since the sound is very quiet for some reason... Even then you'll probably be forced to turn on frameskip as well.

To be honest, the N64 version of this game is very bad, coupled with the fact it is also very badly emulated. You'll be much happier with the PSX version that has much better music, has less system requirements, more characters and less glitches.
There is nothing really bad about your handware, it's just that the game is poorly emulated. It runs like a slug on my computer as well. You can pick up the PSX version for £5 or less pre-owned, stick that in your drive and run ePSXe, that is the only good recommendation I can give, you won't have much luck with the game on N64.
Mortal Kombat Trilogy for N64 is very bad. Its missing loads of animation frames compared to other versions. Combined with emulation problems, the N64 is the wrong way to play this game on the PC.

MKT for Playstation is MUCH better in both game quality and emulation quality. Its only real downside is longer than usual load times.

The best way to play MKT on PC is to use MAME combined with Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Sure you can't play the bosses, but you get 100% arcade speed with 0 load times.

My 2sense

Smak
You must be crazy, the N64 MKT was in my opinion much better than the PSX version. At least there is no damn loading time in the N64 version as compared to the PSX version (which really sucked!) I mean there are more characters but who the hell cares about MK1 characters? You could have still play trough the game with Shao Kahn & Motaro if you wanted...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Well, 6 years have passed since the start of the thread, you can easy get an average PC and emulate the N64 version of MKT fullspeed easily, plus (although I haven't checked) you should have a whole bunch of plugin options.

Even still, the PSX version has much better CD quality music, animation and more characters, probably more. The only thing going for the N64 version was the lack of load times, really, and a couple of other minor additions. This is reflected in the fact that the N64 version was universally panned by game reviewers, whereas the PSX and even Saturn version of the game fared much, much better.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Well, 6 years have passed since the start of the thread, you can easy get an average PC and emulate the N64 version of MKT fullspeed easily, plus (although I haven't checked) you should have a whole bunch of plugin options.

Even still, the PSX version has much better CD quality music, animation and more characters, probably more. The only thing going for the N64 version was the lack of load times, really, and a couple of other minor additions. This is reflected in the fact that the N64 version was universally panned by game reviewers, whereas the PSX and even Saturn version of the game fared much, much better.
Hah, I just saw one of your old posts earlier today and thought to myself, "I wonder where Clements has been all this time." How've you been?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts