Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Smooth. Absolutely smooth, the port runs with nary a hitch on my 760 (as it bloody should) and played with a PS3 Dualshock pretending to be a 360 it is very responsive. Textures are pretty decent, some of the X-Rays are a little blurry and the menu's aren't so crisp at 2560x1440, but ingame it looks great.

The character models are not overly detailed. On console the game looks a right treat and considering the power they have its understandable the direction they went to get the game looking as good as it does for an HDTV. At this res however the art direction doesn't shine nearly as bright.

The lighting model is pretty good and the special effects are handled pretty well, its just a shame there aren't any additional bells and whistles added to give it some extra depth. Still, this is a pretty dang good port and I haven't run into any problems in game.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
It's damn good port. Doesn't even hitch on old GTX260, although at 1680x1050. And yep it looks pretty sweet most of the time.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I just wish the game had a "challenge" (more like move tutor) mode like SF4 did...and I mean one where I can choose which character to use rather than it moving me through the list.

·
I mustache you a queshtion
1,972 Posts
I enjoyed playing this game a lot.

The only trouble I have is pulling off the special moves where you press down and forwards, or down or back. Half the time it doesn't work and I suffer the consequences! I think timing is probably very critical, as in training mode it shows the correct sequence of moves.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Maybe I need a better controller. I'm using a cheap saitek through x360ce, haven't had any problems, but maybe timing with this game is very critical. The game also supports DInput, but for some reason the game doesn't want to let me jump forward or back if I use this!

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
I love it except for movies in story mode being blurry or low res. I have some trouble performing moves on my beat up 360 controller so I suppose I'll be investing in a new controller soon. I wish there were more finishers ala Brutalities, Animalities and Friendships from MK Trilogy. Other than that I've enjoyed it so far and beat story mode.

·
1,972 Posts
I love it except for movies in story mode being blurry or low res. I have some trouble performing moves on my beat up 360 controller so I suppose I'll be investing in a new controller soon. I wish there were more finishers ala Brutalities, Animalities and Friendships from MK Trilogy. Other than that I've enjoyed it so far and beat story mode.
Yes the story mode is a bit grainy.

Maybe a ps3 controller is better? i don't know. You can use the scp (scarlet.crush productions) driver

I miss friendships!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I really like the auto graphics configuration thing they got going on. I can play this game on max settings, but the auto configurator gives me settings below max. I don't know why that is but I'll take a guess so that it won't make my computer overdue things? Still a nice concept anyway though.

I also liked that they finally fixed their constant bugs of rearranging the buttons. On MK5-7, whenever you change the buttons, tutorials would always give you the wrong buttons to press while teaching you. That bug no longer exists.

One thing I don't like is that the video cutscenes look horrible. I don't know why they didn't just render those in real time with the game's engine instead of video.

·
1,972 Posts
I really like the auto graphics configuration thing they got going on. I can play this game on max settings, but the auto configurator gives me settings below max. I don't know why that is but I'll take a guess so that it won't make my computer overdue things? Still a nice concept anyway though.
I think its to try to give you a constant 60fps. Apparently this helps during online play, if it drops a lot it causes lag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts