Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting quite addicted to Morrowind lately, just bought the game a week ago. I've been downloading a few plugins already, but are there any members here who are still playing the games who have got some nice recommendations for plugins?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Remember, some fo these mods require either Tribulan exp, or Bloodmoon exp, sometimes both...

Better Bodies

any head replacer mod (not a name, but a what you should search for. ;) Faces Of Vardenfell (sp?) is good starting point)

Japanese House mod (by sniper daria)

Real Katana mod (by Karstux. http://www.apoapsis.net/ )

Horror Mod

Morrowind Comes Alive (latest version)

Giants Ultimate (by Puma man)

Wilderness 2 (ADDS ANIMALS AND BUGS AND OTHER WILDLIFE TO MORROWIND!!! By Puma Man)

Wilderness Sounds (above. Adds ambient sounds to morrowind)

TLM Lightning Mod (enchances power of lightsources and makes dungeons very dark. Makes torches and lights more needed. A real atmosphere enhancer!)

Assassins Armoury

TESTOOL (after installing mods, use this to fix most compatibility problems and fixes leveled lists so you wont get any lvl50 monsters when in level 1 ;) . just press JUST FIX IT button)

Non-mod like:

Morrowind Visual Pack 2.11
Morrowind Visual Pack 2.2 Nature
Visual Pack XT (install in this order. makes world textures MUCH MUCH better! There are others too, but you can compare them here. Pick your favourite. Really makes morrowind look better. :) http://ltm.ufrealms.net/textpacks/ )

A Darker Feel Music Mod (by Narcoza. Gives morrowind much more variety to musics. Good stuff!)

Most mods are available here www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
WHOAH MaZa, thanx dude!

I already have better bodies, you mentioned it somewhere else so I looked for it and am using it now. I was just visiting the rpgplanet website and downloaded some more interesting stuff. I will look into your recommendations for sure :)

I think I'll give TLM a try, I hope it will look nice, but I'm always having trouble with the brightness of my monitor already. It's in an inconvenient place in my room, but also because it's an old one from '98 it isn't as clear and bright as newer ones.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
I made one that adds "Rolf The Uber" into the game as a level 5000 merchant/ultimate swordsman armed with special ultimate gear (unique and you can't kill him without and lots of potion abuse (10000000000 damage per dagger strike just to even out your damage with his healing) who sells "Uber Tools" 200x better than secret master stuff (all kinds) and practicly unlimited (trillions of uses) uses at prices that unless you can get and sell 10000 daedric shields to creeper/mudcrab at full price you won't be able to afford a single one, unfortunately I lost it when I reformated my PC

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
if you get through the main story and are looking for an interesting new set of quests, i highly recommend The Underground. its got a dark, vampire feel to it and is quite lengthy. and its rated M for mature (check it out and you'll see why). ;)

·
The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms
767 Posts
Greetings,

Hey Cid, be absolutely sure to get "Giants Ultimate". One of the biggest complaints about morrowind when it was first released was the extreme lack of variety in monsters and animals. This mod recitfies that and then some adding well over 50+ new creatures to the game, most of which are very well modeled and textured.

I have been thinking about reinstalling this and both expansions lately, in a desperate attempt to hold me over until Oblivion comes out. This summer seems to have been really dry for PC games that perked my interest.

Oh, and thanks MaZa for the heads up on that texture updating patch. Although my first reaction is that Morrowind doesn't need it, since I remember that it looked so good when it first came out, I have to realize that I have played both Half-Life 2 and Doom3 since then. Games will never be the same. :)

Sincerely,
TastEPlasma

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Oh my god! A horrible mistake! I forgot couple of absolutely fabulous mods!

Legendary Weapons (by farrp (sp?). Adds a ton of new special weapons with unique models made by various users. They are in leveled list so they are randomly spreaded thru morrowind)

Haunted Tombs (makes tombs haunted!!! All kinds of creepy sounds and some objects, like bones, are poltergeist possessed and might fly towards you with damage. http://koti.mbnet.fi/ivza/morrowind/haunted )

·
The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms
767 Posts
Greetings,

I went to that texture comparison page. I don't want to start an aurgument, but based on what I saw in those pictures, I would have to choose the Bethesda textures over the texture pack. The turning point for that descision would probably be the shot of the castle courtyard. The bethesda textures make it look like an old dirty limestone castle. The new textures just strike me as the way a person might draw a fantasy castle, but not how one would look in real life. I just think the originals seem a bit more realistic overall. Also, sometimes a little blurriness is helpful in hiding the fact that textures repeat, ie ground textures.

On the other hand, the shot of the outside of the Foriegn Quarter in Vivec definetly leans toward the texture pack. I really like the detail they added to both the stone pillar and the "slides" that run down the side of the temple. That looks pretty nice, but probably not enough to convince me to switch.

Sincerely,
TastEPlasma

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
When you really start to look screenshots with detail, texturepacks might look bit repetive where bethesda ones are more seamless. But believe me, when playing, texture packs do take graphics to totally new level. They look FAR more realistic and pleasing than Bethesda originals. Castle thing is true though, Visual Packs look too clean on that department. However, check darker morrowind texture pack. Now THATS how gloomy castle should look like. Why i dont use it then? Darker morrowind makes everything look dark and "rusty". While i like dark themes and looks, it pronounces it way too much to the point of depressing...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I need to reinstall the whole game.

I downloaded alot of plugins, among them some face changing plugins, the better bodies plugin, and the Darker Morrowind plugin. But whenever I travel to a new city by boat the game is having a hard time building the scenery and it crashes alot. It says something about my videocard, but of course not saying WHAT went wrong :(

I've seen some very nice female faces, but the problem is that there are so many them, does anyone know which are THE ones to have?

And Exodus thank you for pointing out at that one, it seems very interesting.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Qarl's mods. They are absolutely gorgeus. They are PC faces-only unfortunately, and not appear on morrowind randomly like in Faces Of Vardenfell. You need to pick one for your own character on character-creation.

Did you use TESTool?

Also check exeopt from www.angelfire.com/games3/ccn/morrow.html
It patches morrowind to use SSE, and makes morrowind less prone to crashing. On Intel machines, it makes morrowind run slightly faster too.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
do be careful with having lots of plugins. morrowind isn't all that stable to begin with.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I already use quicksave alot. Though I read that it shouldn't be used because of save file corruption :???: Anyone having bad experiences with it?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
It happened to me once, over YEAR ago. Its not an issue so you shouldnt worry about too much.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
nah, i've only ever run into a currupt save once, and thats because it crashed while saving. always play with a quick and a er... non-quick save and you should be fine. i'd try to anticipate the loading sessions and save right before the game starts loading anything.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.