Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking, the gaming/console section has a sub-forum for game reviews. personally, I find some of these really helpful in deciding whether or not to buy a particular game, especially since they're unbiased and also, often many times better and more professional then ones found on renowned gaming sites.

So how about we have a review sub-forum for the software and hardware discussion as well? People can chip in their thoughts and opinions about a certain software/hardware product which they're using or purchased recently. I think this would also prevent people from making threads like "How good is the 9800GT?" and such and also increase the amount of informative stuff on the forum.

Thanks.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
That's a good idea GF.

There are some hardware gurus here from which I would like to hear their knowledge.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMHO the sub-forum would probably become too confusing, since I'm sure people are gonna start reviewing all sorts of stuff with regards to the OD (cars, perfumes, lawn mower and what not! lol). Anyway, it's still better then having no review section at all.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
As long as we have someone to set the example, like how we initially started out the game reviews. I really like the idea, especially for hardware, but we do need to have certain quality standards. However, for videocards and CPU tests it can be kinda hard to have everyone benchmark with every game available. So it certainly shouldn't be mandatory for people to benchmark 83 games, reviewing the side aspects can be equally important: Power usage, noise type and level, just to name a few things :)

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well everybody seems to like the idea, but it's a pretty big alteration to the forum so it needs consultation with more staff members (and probably CG too); not really something that one or two admins can discuss and implement immediately I think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.