Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the latest release of Dolphin and I get... decent... framerates. However, I was wondering if there is a way to get my graphics card to do more of the work?
I have a C2D P8400 [email protected], which can handle the games fairly well I suppose. But there is often significant slowdown and I realize that the processor is trying to render the graphics as well. Is there a way I can make Dolphin make more use of my 9800m?

On a related note, I cannot use the DX9 plugin. Before you refer me to the sticky, I have to say that it does not match the error given there. If I try to load dolphin on ANY GAME while it is loaded, the program will freeze and windows will have to crash it.

Any help on either of these issues is greatly appreciated! :)
Kruai

·
Registered
18 Posts
atm it's not your card, it's dolphin. I have a GTX 280 and have bad framerates here and there. Just keep waiting for new versions.

About DX9...don't know your problem but it seems noone is acually developing DX9 plugin any further...so just stick with OpenGL

·
Registered
424 Posts
We are already pushing almost as much work as we can onto the graphics card. You'll have to either get a faster CPU or wait for more optimizations.

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
Update the graphic card and DirectX 9 to the latest drivers, it might help...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts