Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Mooby2 help game performance at all when using ISOs? I've been using it for a while with the new Caching enabled but I haven't been able to tell a difference between it and the normal run ISO. If anything sometimes it seems a little slower than it should. Has anyone tested the two?

Trigg

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Both seem to be around the same speed for me. I haven't tried messing around with the caching option, I just set it to 50,000 frames :p. Mooby's plugin has the added benefit of being able to play CDDA tracks with games that use it, something that the internal ISO function cannot do.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
if you have a normal (i.e. not slow and crap) HDD then ISO performance should be WELL beyond the speed of PSX emulation so even if Mooby's DID have a speed improvement, you wouldnt be able to see it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to Device Manager I'm running both of my HDDs at Ultra DMA 5 - 100. I can't really remember how big the cache is on them its been such a long time since I bought them, I don't think they're 8 though.

Trigg

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Having them defragmented helps avoding slowdowns.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well like i said there is no noticeable difference between Mooby's and the internal ISO reader. Mooby's, however, can read RARed ISOs and it reads the CDDA audio out of ISOs as well.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Just remember that if you RAR your ISO, you have to use an older version (2.x, not 3.x). Alternatively you could use the compression options provided in the plugin :).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was the main reason I used Mooby2, I use that .bz format compression tool and it saves me all kinds of space. I've only got 60gigs and I've got to keep an eye on it all the time our I'll run outta room in a flash. Thanks for the info, looks like I'll continue to use Moobys.

Trigg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts