Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ePSXe fanatics,

I have the commercial version of Monster Rancher for PS1. I have tried both running it as a CD and as an ISO in the popular ePSXe emulator but the same thing happens: After it displays "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" on the screen, it turns black and freezes. I have already configured each of the plugins and most of my other games work perfectly. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Mriceguy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your quick replies.

I tried ePSXe 1.5.2 but the same probelm occurred. Fortunately my luck changed when I set up PSXeven. It worked perfectly after I had configured it. It's a shame ePSXe couldn't run it though.

But I still have one problem with this game. In "Monster Rancher" there is a special disk swapping feature where you insert other discs (Music & PS1 CDS) to create monsters. I've been running it from an ISO I created from my disc and PSXeven doesn't respond to other discs I place in my PC's drive.

Is there any way of fixing this problem or replicating this feature in another way?

Thanks again, Mriceguy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried the Force change disc, but it could only force change ISO files. Monster Rancher read these successfully however. Do you think I could somehow get force change disc to work?

Thanks, Mriceguy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks hushypushy, I changed to P.E.Op.S. CDR plugin and the force change disc works perfectly. I can now swap between new CDs and the Monster Rancher ISO.

My problems are solved, for now!
Thanks again, Mriceguy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey im new to these forums and ive come across the same problems with my Monster Rancher...ive tried everything and it still freezes up after startup...one thing i havnt tried is the *force change disc*, what exactly is that? and where can i force change disc?:S

·
Registered
10 Posts
ive tried force change but it still freezes up after the *sony entertainment* screen and goes black, and i have to restart my computer to get rid of it:(

edit: ive installed another emulator to run monster rancher on and it runs nice, thanks for the help anyways:)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Gorgorath said:
well should i just make a new thread about something that has allready been said? and have people flame me for making a thread about something that is allready said?
i was just musing about the (sort of) old thread, you're not in trouble or anything.....sorry if i came off in that tone, and good to hear you got it working ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.