Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Not a Registered User
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what to buy, that is the question. Both use the same technology and have same inputs so what to get?

I'm looking into buying a new screen, care to recommend something?

The specs.
27-29 inches
1080p not interested in higher resolution currently.
Response time doesn't have to be super low.
Good colors and white and black contrast.
2 or more hdmi ports.
Something for general use, some ps3/4 games, some pc games/work, movies etc.

Currently I have a LG 27 ips monitor which is good, my only issue is the blody ips glow which ruins black.
Sadly OLED monitors are to expensive currently or rare.

I was going to get Monitor LG 27MP68HM-P 27 LED IPS HDMI
But I dunno.

·
Administrator
15,416 Posts
better off with a monitor, if you want 1080p from a tv you are looking at 40". I do have a 29" Vizio 1080p hdtv in my house but that was very rare to see.

I use a 50" Samsung KU6300 4k tv as a monitor and its been fine, I am 3-4 feet away from it.

But if you look at it from price, a tv is a better value. A larger tv can be cheaper than a smaller sized monitor.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
As long as TV doesn't have displayport stay away from it.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts

·
Not a Registered User
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so? I likely will never get a high refresh rate monitor as I never play a game that would need it, and I refuse to ever pay that high price for g-sync when you compare it to freesync which is usually $300-600 less and the fact hdmi 2.1 will have variable refresh rate
And that you need a beefy PC to rung modern games at such framerate to use Gsync and it won't work with consoles, so i pass on it too.
60HZ is fine by me.

·
Not a Registered User
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Shame how fast this trhead died, and no recommendation on what to buy. :(

Im currently deciding between these three.

LG 27MP68HM-P
Asus 27'' LED MX279H 90LMGD051R010O1C
and
BenQ 27 RL2755 1ms LED TN FHD

Im leaning towards the ASUS one, it has none of that monitor steroid stuff game enhancing crap like Free sync, G-sync, but ti does have an AH-IPS screen which does look nice and oesn't seem to have IPS glow, or at least not much.

Monitor Asus 27'' LED MX279
Monitor Asus 27'' LED MX279

·
Not a Registered User
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The thing my friends is that if wanted Mr.Google opinion i would've asked Mr.Google, iv'e already watched/read a dozen or so reviews and all of them were the same, great conttrast, vibrant colors, great design, thin bezel etc, none of them mentions or compares the thing i want to know, how good is the black and how bad is the IPS glow, i know that IPS glow is more or less normal for IPS screens but i hoped that in newer IPS it can be minimized.
Currently i use an LG IPS277 bought it almost a decade ago and it's still working pretty well, only had to replace the power adapter, my only issue is the IPS glow making dark scenes looking very light grey almost gradient like.
Sadly affordable OLEDS aren't a thing yet so i decided to get the ASUS, if it's not better then my LG i just return it.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,428 Posts
? What are you guys talking about i have an even smaller 21.5" LG TV-monitor 1080p and its a proper 1080p panel not 720p or 1366x768, but proper 1920x1080. Store was full of them. It works great as both a monitor and a TV.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,428 Posts
a tv smaller than 40" will be 1366x768, no one here said anything about that being the same for a monitor.
Like i said LG has models that are 1920x1080p that are TV's (that can also be used as monitors) and are 1920x1080p the one i use for my backup build that my mom uses is one of those, LG 22MT44D.

·
Administrator
15,416 Posts
LG makes disgusting tvs, only thing they make right are oled tvs. The cheaper LG monitors are also crap IMO, I had several and all of them had the same issue the bezel comes off cuz LG uses adhesive would leads to horrible backlight bleed. The higher end LG monitors are fine like the ultrawides, but beyond that the build quality sucks for the other models.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,428 Posts
I have a monitor (secondary one) and that tv from them, i absolutely love both myself and feel quite satisfied for the money I paid.

·
Not a Registered User
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's more of a price thing, i can get a TV 26inch with PC/HD resolution either 1280x720 or 1366x768 so called HD ready but those are usually around 50$-70$ or a 24inch 1920x1080 tv wth similar price.
Either way i don't care if it's TV or monitor if it's good and fits my criteria.
27-29Inch
1920x1080 no less no more.
Decent response time 5ms at least, aka no lag input.
No useless crap, smart tv, g-sync, freesync, black stabilizator etc.
LED screen for good color and viewing angels.
Good black levels nad minimal IPS glow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts