Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Westinghouse LCD monitor on a Compaq running Windows Vista Home Basic. After a few hours of getting everything installed/updated/configured I finally got epsxe running games. There's just one problem: when I try to start a game there is a chance my monitor will stop communicating with the computer. The screen goes blank, the 'No Signal Input' box comes up for a second then the light turns orange and my monitor takes a nap. >.< It is very frustrating. Nothing will bring it back; moving the mouse, hitting keys on the keyboard, ctrl+alt+delete, escape...At first turning the computer off and letting it restart solved the problem. Games would run fine for a while then I would try to start a random game and it would happen again.

The problem has only gotten worse. Restarting the computer isn't enough anymore. I have to unplug the power cord from the back of the computer and let the green light go out before I plug it back in...then restart (I don't know much about the hardware in computers but I assumed the was resetting something).

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Go into your graphics plugin config and make sure that your selected display resolution isn't beyond your LCD display's capability.

If all else fails you can set it to display in windowed mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my monitor set to it's native resolution so that's not the problem. I have it running in windowed mode (one of the things I changed thinking it would help) and it still does it.

Native Resolution 1280 x 1024

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
What kind of GPU do you have and what does it show up as?

Could you paste your plugin settings into your next post? If you're using one of Pete's plugins, there's a 'Copy to clipboard' button on the bottom right of the plugins config window.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 1100 Series

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: on
- Game fixes: on [00000000]

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
have you ever seen something outside of epsxe or emulation do anything similar to this?

·
twentyninetyseven
602 Posts
wait - i forgot to mention the motherboard, that counts for 2 more 'hehs' - mother[heh]board[heh].

condolences, but i don't think epsxe is capable of swithing your monitor off unless you change to an unsupported resolution.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 1100 Series

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: 2

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: Configure this properly

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 2
- Framebuffer uploads: 2

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
twentyninetyseven
602 Posts
sounds like a power-supply/graphics card/ram problem to me. [heh,heh,heh] -1 'heh' for each problem.
sorry sara17, i re-read your 1st post - problem only when starting games then disregard what i said, is likely software problem, if however the game runs fine for awhile then goes blank it would be hardware or heat problems.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
can you post a screen shot of the power management settings menu for your O/S (from the control panel do system and maintenance>power options>edit plan settings)?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.