Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think that the protection of FFp can be broken by using clone CD.This software is not free but U can make images to your harddisk without buying the registration code.I am using it and I mount the images on Daemon.

As far I think it would take epsxe authors a lot of time to get the new release since compatability issue is really a great one as pete mentioned,since he seems to be very interested in Barbi gamees ( HEHEHEHE):p

What we need now are the great plugins from Pete and Lewpy,to give some speed to the emu.

Actually the reason due to which I get slow speed is the Damn 3d card it is Riva Vanta 16mb:(

I'll better get a geforce

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Originally posted by euphoria
I must add my oppinion here. I think that sound is diminished (how the "#¤% do you spell that word) in emulators general. I know that it is a really hard job to emulate sound plus graphics plus cdrom plus... as it doesn't take much for sync to break. Still i would love to hear sound improve. But maybe i can accept compatability...
Think that great authors are working on it for improving sound quality
(Like null for example) just be patient...

S

·
0 Posts
I agree Tidus, the ePSXe team is doing a fantastic job. That is why it is worth the wait, no matter how long, for each new release.
They have worked on the sound. Bobbi posted a while back that they had improved the eternal SPU, so as to get rid of the crashing w/DX Help. So I think we can look forward to improved sound and no more crashes w/the internal SPU.
I don't really care what they are making more compatable. Any increase in compatabiity is a very good thing, since, sometimes, when you fix one game, it can wind up fixing others. Increasing compatabiity is just great, as far as I'm concerned.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Yes, we are working in compatibility like Pete said

User 1: "Game XXX dont work!"
ePSXe Crew : Search the game (rent it or stole it from a friend ;) ) -> get the game -> search the bug -> and (with luck) remove the bug ->
User 2: "Game YYY dont work!"

and start again ...

Calb is working very hard with cdrom compatibility (games like thread of fate are now playable) i am working in graphics glitches (all bugs aren't from lewpy or pete :D ) and _demo_ is trying to get more speed.

The 2nd objetive is do ePSXe more user-friendly and disable some many confusing options (like cdrom ones)

mmm i think thats all.... maybe we need a webpage? hehehe ok bobbi, dont kill me ;)

byes

-Galtor-

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cheers for ePSXe team!!

Calb - working for compatability
_demo_ - working for speed
galtor - working for better graphics

What more can we hope for and if they have done work on sound improvement too... Next release will be great!!

PS. for galtor: check out Colin McRae Rally there are some object prioritizing(?) problems - car is drawn in front of bushes and fences while the car REALLY is behind them.

Keep up the great work!!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Originally posted by euphoria
Cheers for ePSXe team!!

PS. for galtor: check out Colin McRae Rally there are some object prioritizing(?) problems - car is drawn in front of bushes and fences while the car REALLY is behind them.

Keep up the great work!!
Do you have a real PSX? :p

In the real PSX the car is drawn in FRONT of bushes and fences, the problems in this game are sky-bugs ;)

-Galtor-

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:D

So the bottom line is that the EPSXE team is doing something for everyone.

for example

Those who wanted speed are gone get speed
those who wanted compatability are gona get it
and those who want better graphics are going to get better graphics

SOOOOOOOOoo
everyone is happy
atleast I am
because I think that the new release would have great changes:eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would REALLY love it (im sure others would too), if they fix up FF9 (sound, graphics and those DAMN FREEZES:mad: :mad: ) in the next version. Generally, I would go for more speed than compatibility.

C

·
0 Posts
In the next version I hope there is something to turn off the game instead of closing the program. It gets annoying if iI want to configure it or play an different game. Plus I hate waiting for it to load.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
do you actually have a psx? :rolleyes: talk about load times..
most people dont have those problems with ff9, so you prolly have some more configuring/tweaking to do vivi dude. i really doubt that the authors are gonna come over to your house and get it running "perfect" for you, much less make a version of epsxe tailored for you..

·
Registered
124 Posts
hey, Mr.Bgnome? I asked Mr. Pete Bernert, and asked whether or not he had a problem with FF9. Seems he has the same problem???!!! AND I started a thread and some other people have that problem, so its not just me and epsxe SHOULD work on their ff9.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts